Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:41 PM

Re: Which Toilet Paper Do You Use?

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Now that's what I call a useful tip .....

I use:

It is if you can be arsed(pun intended)filling a bucket of warm water every time you take a dump
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:55 PM

'Classic White?'

Shows how daft we are... bleaching paper then wiping our backsides on it and flushing it....what a waste of resources.

The only time I would be tempted to buy bog paper that looked fancy would be if it was printed with a picture of Cliff Richard.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:57 PM

I'd really like to replace our toilet with something a little more forceful. I read that there used to be such things as two-trap siphonic toilets, but you just can't find them these days.
They are still, apparently, available in other European countries but, presumably because they used more water, they are not available in the UK now. Another stupid rule (as if we don't already have enough) because, as a consequence, I have to flush our toilet at least twice (using double the intended water) to accomplish what needs to be done.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:59 PM

As a Yorkshireman, I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to choice of toilet paper.

http://www.1900s.org.uk/life-times-images/loo-paper.jpg
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It is if you can be arsed(pun intended)filling a bucket of warm water every time you take a dump
I believe the "tip" is intended to deal with a blockage.

Usually, when I "take a dump", no blockage ensues but some of my guests have been known to leave hefty (and unwelcome) deposits .....

I believe that I would prefer to keep a bucket handy rather than resort to "rodding" .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
'Classic White?'

Shows how daft we are... bleaching paper then wiping our backsides on it and flushing it....what a waste of resources.

The only time I would be tempted to buy bog paper that looked fancy would be if it was printed with a picture of Cliff Richard.
Just for you:

Strictly not "fancy" .....
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 01:30 AM

As an aside to this fairly crappy topic, I have to ask if you are a neat folder of toilet paper or one of those who scrunch up a great wad of the stuff? I imagine that wadders would cause more blockages than folders, regardless of the brand.
The ultimate offender is the anonymous clown at my workplace who stuffs entire rolls down both toilets on a regular basis, ensuring they are well blocked.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 01:40 AM

Bloke used the loo in local pub but then discovered .... no paper.
Asked the guy in the next cubicle for paper.
"Nope, none in here either, mate".
Any newspaper ?
"Nope"

“Have you got two fives for a ten?”
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 06:58 AM

i buy whatever is on offer - have 3 toilets in my house so the cheaper the better
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If you need to unclog your toilet everytime you 'go' you need to see a doctor not a plumber because there is something wrong with your guts!

My tip was purely for the odd occasion when one has been a little over generous with the 4py soft quilted paper and there is a slight blockage.

A plunger can compact the problem whereas warm, soapy water tends to dissolve the paper and clear the blockage without fuss.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top