Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Re: remembering concorde

Thanks for link Tiff , interesting read and glad im not the only one that thought it was very narrow .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Thanks for link Tiff , interesting read and glad im not the only one that thought it was very narrow .
You are welcome, Eliza.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 06:16 PM

I have been inside the one in Barbados .
It's very small but it must have been wonderful to fly on her .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 06:38 PM

I watched Concord’s maiden flight from Filton Aerodrome, piloted by Brian Trubshaw. Living approximately 2 miles away at the time, we frequently heard Concord flying over. Exciting times.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:42 PM

There’s me professing my love for Concorde on my profile page, yet l have never been inside one.
My greatest memory of her was, being on a boat on the River Thames for a week with my family many years ago.
We had moored up for the night by Hampton Court. I had cooked the dinner and was enjoying a glass of wine whilst admiring the ornate black and gold gates just by where we’d moored. Then suddenly, Concorde flew over and as she did, a flock of parakeets flew out from a tree in Hampton Court.
It was just perfect and an occasion l will never forget.

Another time, was when l took my two black Flat-coated retrievers for a walk over Warwick Racecourse. It was a beautiful, tranquil day, so l took time to have a little rest on a fallen tree trunk whilst my dogs mooched around.
Ahead, l could see St Mary’s church tower and then when l looked to the side, l could see the magnicent Warwick Castle in the distance. Then Concorde flew over and it was another perfect occasion!
I sat on the trunk, thinking how lucky l was to be able to enjoy such wonderful sights.

The moment was soon shattered when l looked round and saw cows from the nearby Common with hooves thumping, coming towards me.
I got hold of my two dogs and ran for my life, jumping over a stream like Wonder Woman to escape them. I was so scared and shocked!
My perfect moment, now shattered!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:51 PM

cabin in concorde at Duxford
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1280488]There’s me professing my love for Concorde on my profile page, yet l have never been inside one.
My greatest memory of her was, being on a boat on the River Thames for a week with my family many years ago.
We had moored up for the night by Hampton Court. I had cooked the dinner and was enjoying a glass of wine whilst admiring the ornate black and gold gates just by where we’d moored. Then suddenly, Concorde flew over and as she did, a flock of parakeets flew out from a tree in Hampton Court.

Another time, was when l took my two black Flat-coated retrievers for a walk over Warwick Racecourse. It was a beautiful, tranquil day, so l took time to have a little rest on a fallen tree trunk whilst my dogs mooched around.
Ahead, l could see St Mary’s church tower and then when l looked to the side, l could see the magnicent Warwick Castle in the distance. Then Concorde flew over and it was another perfect occasion!
I sat on the trunk, thinking how lucky l was to be able to enjoy such wonderful sights.

The moment was soon shattered when l looked round and saw cows from the nearby Common with hooves thumping, coming towards me.
I got hold of my two dogs and ran for my life, jumping over a stream like Wonder Woman to escape them. I was so scared and shocked!
My perfect moment, now shattered!![/
QUOTE]

Shame you don't have a video to share.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:52 AM

[QUOTE=Longdogs;1280612]
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There’s me professing my love for Concorde on my profile page, yet l have never been inside one.

My perfect moment, now shattered!![/
QUOTE]

Shame you don't have a video to share.
You would never stop laughing at the fear on my face and my little leggies running so fast, then taking off as l flew over the stream!
I wouldn’t mind but l hated sport at school.... but l would have won a trophy for that sprint and jump!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1280764]
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

You would never stop laughing at the fear on my face and my little leggies running so fast, then taking off as l flew over the stream!
I wouldn’t mind but l hated sport at school.... but l would have won a trophy for that sprint and jump!!
Cattle generally won't hurt you but they are always wary of dogs. If a similar occasion arises let your dogs off the lead and let them make their own way to safety.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:39 AM

I was fortunate enough to fly in Concorde (supersonic) from Heathrow to Copenhagen, spend the day sightseeing the city and return flight, again supersonic in the evening.

I was taken by the mother of a man whom I had been seeing, but sadly died from cancer. She had no-one to go with her so asked me, all expenses paid.

We had Bucks Fizz prior to boarding, breakfast onboard, and evening meal on the way back. It was truly fabulous. On take-off one was thrust back in your seat, phenomenal. We achieved Mach 2 across the North Sea. Certainly a trip of a lifetime.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top