Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 08:29 AM

Re: Are you a hoarder?

And here was me worried about having three boxes of soap powder 'stored' in the bedroom, lol.

Am I a hoarder? It's in my DNA. I keep folded up cardboard boxes behind my bedroom door, in case I need them. I have so many tins and jars of foodstuffs, that they overspill from the lounge cupboard, into a crate in my lounge, because I have nowhere else for them, having recently moved the bookcase. (I took over a shelf for a stereo unit.)

I sometime look at my home in despair.

But I keep everything...just in case.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And here was me worried about having three boxes of soap powder 'stored' in the bedroom, lol.

Am I a hoarder? It's in my DNA. I keep folded up cardboard boxes behind my bedroom door, in case I need them. I have so many tins and jars of foodstuffs, that they overspill from the lounge cupboard, into a crate in my lounge, because I have nowhere else for them, having recently moved the bookcase. (I took over a shelf for a stereo unit.)

I sometime look at my home in despair.

But I keep everything...just in case.
Oh yes! I forgot about all those flattened cardboard boxes in the loft, and the bubble wrap, and padded envelopes

I'm more of a hoarder than I thought
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:44 AM

No not a hoarder. When I moved here five years ago I brought with me only the essentials for daily living, four plates, bowls and mugs, enough linen for one person. I got rid of all my books and clutter and I have stuck to that. I wanted to make it easy as possible for my family to clear my house in half a day when I pop my clogs. I have not missed any of the junk I accumulated through my life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Oh my goodness none of you are hoarders just canny shoppers by sound of it. Hoarders are like my sister, you can't get in the front door again because of all the qvc boxes, you have to try and get round the back door but that means going through the kitchen which well I won't bore you with the details but I'll just say it's an adventure.

Often she gets to a point the house is so full she sleeps in her car.

She gave up her daughter at a few weeks old rather than sort it out. Imagine that liking rubbish and stuff more than a tiny baby.

No you all sound very healthy to me.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds just like me, Pesta.
I rarely need them till I've either given them away, or chucked them away.
Another one here too, I give things away or send them to the charity shop, but the minute they've gone I decide I need them. Mr Clumsy is the worst, the stuff he hoards in the under-build you would not believe. We have another freezer in there but if anything is needed from it he has to go and fetch it. No way am I fighting my way through the stuff he has in there. He's not the tidiest of people either, so I think he just opens the door and throws stuff in.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 02:12 PM

I feel like I have made a lot of people out themselves as hoarders
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 07:30 PM

I am thinking I need to buy more coffee with my Black Friday code
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 07:57 PM

No I'm not a hoarder or a collector..but I do keep My kitchen cupboards,fridge,freezer full...I get rid of clothes in the wardrobe if I haven't worn them for a couple of years...no more saying "but they may fit Me next year" ...I've watched those American programmes about hoarders....scary stuff indeed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top