Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Re: Living too long

Originally Posted by floydy ->
people who complain about other people doing exercise are usually those who are too lazy and don't get enough themselves.
Originally Posted by bread ->
very true floydy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Pot and kettle spring to mind......
Glad you got there first Bob. Sock it to 'em bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Looks like you really agree with me there mate lol!
That thumbs-up smiley always reminds me of a barman pulling a pint for some reason
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
People who complain about other people doing exercise are usually those who are too lazy and don't get enough themselves.
Same goes for Sex Floydy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:23 AM

Muddy...if I am able bodied ,of sound mind...I don't mind...I'm not elderly yet...but I have no idea how I will feel about it,until I reach it.

My experience as a carer...many elderly wanted to die...because they had no quality of life...they told me,they were just "existing"...so sad.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Muddy...if I am able bodied ,of sound mind...I don't mind...I'm not elderly yet...but I have no idea how I will feel about it,until I reach it.

My experience as a carer...many elderly wanted to die...because they had no quality of life...they told me,they were just "existing"...so sad.
I am eighty-six but have yet to think like that. However, perhaps without this laptop, I might. I'm not able-bodied - old age arthritic, but I am of sound mind..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Same goes for Sex Floydy.
Haha, absolutely mate
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Negative mental attitude.
You say this OGF as if it is something that is the fault of the person that if they just changed their NMA all would be well.
Just like changing a pair of socks .

What you describe as a negative mental attitude is depression

Depression is a serious illness just as much as any other it just can’t always be seen .

And it is the reason why many people many young and healthy commit suicide every year .
There are many causes of depression Muddy, A feeling of worthlessness, Bullying, Medication, Persistent pain......The list is endless, but depression is not an illness on it's own, it is the result of something else....A mindset.....

It seems strange now that there are so many suicides relating to young people.
In my lifetime I have only known three people who committed suicide...But now it's in the news practically every day. It seems that bullying on social media is one cause, and tree huggers telling us how we are destroying the planet and it's all our fault....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
People who complain about other people doing exercise are usually those who are too lazy and don't get enough themselves.
No they don’t .
Who complains about exercise ?
If silly beggars want to pay bid gym subscriptions or run about in silly shorts who cares .

I tend to find many exercise freaks smoke which immediately negates the whole idea .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:24 PM

For a number of years I worked voluntarily as a samaritan . I think I may have mentioned something similar in the past . Throughout those years I spoke with many broken people who did not want to stay here and as I would listen I would understand because their lives were so terribly sad . Yes some things in life can be fixed or made to change but at times when I spoke with these poor souls I felt I too would choose to leave . Many did , some I hope didnt . But human nature being what it is they reached out for another person to hear them .

This life can be harsh and not everyone wants to live a long life

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top