Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Re: A seasonal question.

I'm sorting out my cards for this Christmas at the moment
There are a few unused left over from last Christmas plus a packet or two of new ones

Yes I like to both send and receive proper letters & cards

Though as mentioned, sadly each year now, there seem to be one or two less
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:14 PM

I do ,although as some have mentioned the cost of stamps is riduculous .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:37 PM

Yes, l send cards to friends and relatives.
As l’ve mentioned on here before, l don’t have to buy stamps. I always ask for postage stamps for Christmas and my birthdays, instead of receiving presents l’ll never use.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We do, about 55 of them ..and each one is hand made by Mrs mart.
She likes making the cards but doesn't like the cost of sending them.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
She likes making the cards but doesn't like the cost of sending them.
I will support her on that . although my list is getting smaller.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
As l’ve mentioned on here before, l don’t have to buy stamps. I always ask for postage stamps for Christmas and my birthdays, instead of receiving presents l’ll never use.
What an excellent idea - is it copyright - or may I steal it?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

I still to this day regret not emigrating to Australia some 50 years' ago, a far better place to live than the UK, I believe. If only I could turn back the clock and all those years
I never intended staying here I originally came as a 19 year old for a holiday in the sun but I am so glad I did settle here. Australia has been very good to me.

Anyway back to the question of postage. Today I went to the Post Office to get the concession stamps for cards to the UK - it is $2.20 (£1.10) which is a good value as it is a $1 cheaper than the normal fee. That is not a seniors concession that is for everybody.

As far as I am aware they never actually check so Christmas is a good time to catch up with your overseas mail (??). I have a friend who's birthday is on the 28th December so that is handy too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:01 PM

I'm finding it harder to remove the ink off last years cards so I can recycle them..........I'm joking!.....

I used to get two pages of first class stamps every year at Christmas when I was a postman, but now I have to buy my own. We send about fifty cards out every year to friends and family, but some local ones we deliver on foot or I drive out to see special friends and have a catch up.

I never send e cards, it just doesn't bode well with me, and even though one member of the family send us an e card, they usually post one as well.
We put strings up and display them over the festive period, and when we take them down I like to go through them, thinking fondly about the people who sent them...

I think that 70p is excellent value for a first class stamp on mail that will be delivered next day (hopefully) anywhere in the UK...
The fact that royal mail has been sold out to private investors (probably foreign) is a disgrace, as now greedy shareholders will want their cut hence the escalating prices....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That is a good idea, but no use if present givers are abroad as you can't use them here. Falkland Island stamps are much nicer than ours though. Just had a letter from my pal there. The stamps on the envelope are birds & animals.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Do you still send them or do you send those E Mail *Thingies ?
I do send by royal mail , although the list gets smaller , each year ,sadly .
To me to see the lovely cards all around the house is a joy .
It is just nice IMO to touch base with people you don"t see so often ,for whatever reason.
Happy Christmas.!!!!
x

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top