Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:41 PM

Re: Could You Be A Traffic Warden?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
To coin an old OFF phrase.... 'Scumbags' the lot of 'em'.
Do you know any at a personal level?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Do you know any at a personal level?
No, I wouldn't want to.

I had years of dodging the buggers in London when all I was trying to do was my job.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No, I wouldn't want to.

I had years of dodging the buggers in London when all I was trying to do was my job.
Actually, I can understand that. The fault really lies with the local councils, though. There have been numerous complaints on social media and in the papers about towns becoming ghost towns, businesses shutting down, etc., all because of lack of free or reasonably priced parking.

I think when it becomes apparent to such councils that businesses have left and no-one is paying business rates, the penny will drop.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Does that include your family?..JUst curious. And no I would rather be a street sweeper than a parking cop.
Both involve clearing up what people do wrong.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I can understand that. The fault really lies with the local councils, though. There have been numerous complaints on social media and in the papers about towns becoming ghost towns, businesses shutting down, etc., all because of lack of free or reasonably priced parking.

I think when it becomes apparent to such councils that businesses have left and no-one is paying business rates, the penny will drop.

It's why I eventually decided to stop working in London.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-01-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Does that include your family?..JUst curious. And no I would rather be a street sweeper than a parking cop.
Me too.!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top