Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 04:20 PM

Re: Pros and Cons of election result?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Labour, through Long Bailey, would also still be under the influence of Momentum's founder John Lansman. It's his, along with Len McCluskey's far left agenda that has destroyed the Labour Party.
Then long may that be the case. We still need a good few years of sound Tory government to sort out the mess left since the Gordon Brown years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by percy vere ->
then long may that be the case. We still need a good few years of sound tory government to sort out the mess left since the gordon brown years.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:04 PM

I think the new chancellor of the exchequer is a plus as well?
Donkeyman!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Then long may that be the case. We still need a good few years of sound Tory government to sort out the mess left since the Gordon Brown years.
Thanks to Gordon Brown's tax decisions my private pension pot was reduced by over a third.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Thanks to Gordon Brown's tax decisions my private pension pot was reduced by over a third.
How did he do that Scot? I thought private pension pots were
untouchable?
Regards Donkeyman!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How did he do that Scot? I thought private pension pots were
untouchable?
Regards Donkeyman!
It was the changes he made to the tax on dividends that contributed to the fall in value of many pension funds.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-01-2020, 07:50 PM

It was the changes he made to the tax on dividends that contributed to the fall in value of many pension funds.
Sorry to hear that Scot, they allways screw us small guys and let
the rich off?
Donkeyman!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:47 PM

Yeah, I got caught by that too but I was lucky enough to be able to pay more in to compensate for it.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top