Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:58 PM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Dongle, Mr Grey loves my cooking... especially chicken! It may take a while but I will get a pic one day. My local RSPCA have asked for one, so they can tell his story & show people how cats can change for the better, when neutered. I may end up with a celebrity cat!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 05:53 PM

I am not posting at the moment, as I have a serious problem with my insulin, which is working too well & in danger of putting me into comas. I am managing to stay safe but it involves a lot of time testing my blood sugar levels night & day.
Anyway I just thought I would share this good news with all you animal lovers, because Mr Grey has now decided that it is safe to come inside for his dinners. he will come into my back hall & my study, but only if nobody else is there.
I am now hopeful that he will spend the cold months in my house & maybe enjoy some Christmas turkey.
His fractured leg is healed , but if the weather is cold he tends to feel some pain... he has just had a week on painkillers and is now walking free of pain again.
We now have conversation that involve lots of "Meows" from both of us....so I think I may be winning his trust!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 06:45 PM

I am not posting at the moment, as I have a serious problem with my insulin, which is working too well & in danger of putting me into comas. I am managing to stay safe but it involves a lot of time testing my blood sugar levels night & day.
Anyway I just thought I would share this good news with all you animal lovers, because Mr Grey has now decided that it is safe to come inside for his dinners. he will come into my back hall & my study, but only if nobody else is there.
I am now hopeful that he will spend the cold months in my house & maybe enjoy some Christmas turkey.
His fractured leg is healed , but if the weather is cold he tends to feel some pain... he has just had a week on painkillers and is now walking free of pain again.
We now have conversation that involve lots of "Meows" from both of us....so I think I may be winning his trust!
Twink, I wish you better and your insulin behaves itself.
And surely Mr Grey will look kindly with your ways with him.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 06:57 PM

Twink, I'm sorry to hear of your insulin problems, it must be very worrying for you trying to keep it under control.
Fingers crossed it will be back under control very soon.

Excellent news that Mr Grey has the courage to venture indoors for his dinners now. It will be good to know he will now have a warm shelter from the elements this winter.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 07:18 PM

Presumably you should be reducing your insulin, then Twinky? In the past, I was advised to put mine up a bit but, of course, it also depends on what you eat.

Pumpkin, our all-black one, has been really lethargic all day and I was a bit worried as she was just lying on a bed, apparently sleeping and not interested in anything, including eating. Marge assured me that she'd be OK and, just an hour ago, she got up and decided she'd go outside for a bit. Still not eating, though.

I'm glad that your Mr Grey (named after Old Grey Fox?!) is becoming more at ease now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Presumably you should be reducing your insulin, then Twinky? In the past, I was advised to put mine up a bit but, of course, it also depends on what you eat.

Pumpkin, our all-black one, has been really lethargic all day and I was a bit worried as she was just lying on a bed, apparently sleeping and not interested in anything, including eating. Marge assured me that she'd be OK and, just an hour ago, she got up and decided she'd go outside for a bit. Still not eating, though.

I'm glad that your Mr Grey (named after Old Grey Fox?!) is becoming more at ease now.
It is not quite a simple as reducing my insulin injection JBR, so they have referred me to an endocrinologist, but heaven knows when I will get an appointment. I am fine during the day because I can have a mouthful of Lucozade, but if my BS levels dip when I am asleep, I may not wake up!

I feel I am winning with Mr Grey & he got that name because he is a grey cat..... so not named after OGF!

If Pumpkin doesn't improve in the next few days you may need to take him to the vet, but I have found that all the cats I have had over 40 years tend to have days when they don't eat much. It was warmer yesterday & they eat less when it is warm so I hope she is soon more lively!

I will keep you all updated on Mr Grey!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:15 AM

Just caught up with you and Mr Grey . So nice to read . Twink , is he a gentle cat or has he shown aggression at all .

I'm always careful with animals I dont know, I never reach out or stroke until I know they wont bite or scratch . Think in my case it stems from when a child things happened . I'm enjoying hearing about him

Sorry to hear your having health problems .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:28 AM

Hope you feel better soon Twinks and you get the medication under control. So pleased Mr Grey is getting comfy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:52 AM

Hi Twink I hope you are able to sort out your health problems soon.
I have been waiting waiting to see a consultant Electrophisiologist since February with no appointment till October and so I paid to see him at the local Spire hospital and am glad I did. I thought if I waited till October and there was another lockdown my appointment would be postponed again allowing my condition to progress unchecked.

I think now that Grey has got his paws under the table he will stay Cats know when they are onto a good thing
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:07 AM

If Pumpkin doesn't improve in the next few days you may need to take him to the vet, but I have found that all the cats I have had over 40 years tend to have days when they don't eat much. It was warmer yesterday & they eat less when it is warm so I hope she is soon more lively!

I will keep you all updated on Mr Grey!
Yes, she's still the same today: quiet and listless.

I also see that she's drinking a lot of water, and I'm beginning to suspect that she may be diabetic.
If she's the same tomorrow, we'll take her to the vet.

Her sister is not suffering the same way. She's a bigger cat, though I'm not sure why that should make a difference.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top