Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 10:38 PM

Re: Can I have a tortoise?

. . . . . deleted . . . .

I give up!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 11:25 PM

I got a tortoise when my son was little, he was called Speedy. There was a ban on imports at the time because of the cruelty involved, he was bred in this country.
I wouldn't advise anyone to get one, our climate isn't really suited to them .
We had a few cool summers and on those occasions Speedy didn't eat enough to make the weight to go into hiberation so had to have vitamin injections and spend the winter under a heat lamp. His favourite food was dandelions unobtainable in the winter so feeding him in the winter wasn't easy.
After a few years he went to live with someone who had a female tortoise

Speedy, sorry its an old picture posted before PB became subscription only

Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:02 AM

Speedy gathers his daisies. Intelligent creatures evoke the old memories of Harry micro pig. My partner & I fed him premium science the science, but he said royal cat food royal cat food in gravy, or Harry helped himself he could open the fridge should have bought his own fridge thats what, literally ballooned 1000 x the size we were at wits end. scrap metal chaps gave him a good home, they like big pigs they said. Never knew about that normally horses I thought?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:10 AM

I used to live in the Carribean and there was a nature sanctuary thta had hundreds of tortoises that were common in the island most were rescued pets and they were quite large .
I took a besties there they were everywhere .
Then we heard gruntS and saw two tortoises having nookie.
She whipped out her camera and said look tortoises only mate once every fifty years or so it’s a rare sight .
Then we passed another pair , and another .........
These were truly Carribean tortoises with a Bob Marley attitude to life .....
She stopped taking photos .
Tortoises like to live in warm climates don’t get one.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Matchu ->
Are we allowed tortoises in Britain?

Should I buy two for the kissing/and for friendship?

Will her cat kill my tortoise?

How about sea monkeys instead? Probably in a year or so I will get my dog - needs to be large enough to defend against 25 year old male. Suggestions?

I think I must be on a different planet, not understanding the above post
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:16 AM

I’m with you Realspeed
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I used to live in the Carribean and there was a nature sanctuary thta had hundreds of tortoises that were common in the island most were rescued pets and they were quite large .
She whipped out her camera and said look tortoises only mate once every fifty years or so it’s a rare sight .
I'm not sure about that I might want a white tortoise. I Don't see why anybody has to have a tortoise with 'the Bob Marley attitude,' seems like political correctness, I dont want sex in my garden/nor window ledge neither, one on its own might be worse?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Matchu ->
I'm not sure about that I might want a white tortoise. I Don't see why anybody has to have a tortoise with 'the Bob Marley attitude,' seems like political correctness, I dont want sex in my garden/nor window ledge neither, one on its own might be worse?

Don't think many do, too cold and windy let alone the neighbours having a free peek at the action

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Well my Mum's must have been sex mad then, because they were always 'at it.'
They laid eggs which hatched too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-07-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I think I must be on a different planet, not understanding the above post

Glad it weren't just me and Pesta then!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top