Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:29 PM

Re: The New Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Are you allowed to answer with, " mind you're own #*ез%!!! business?
I would, so I don't think I would be a suitable candidate.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Are you allowed to answer with, " mind you're own #*ез%!!! business?
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I've already said, you don't have to answer any questions you aren't happy with.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:40 PM

I remember, it was only successful if the person in the seat was online regularly, otherwise questions went unanswered for a while.
A few had to cancel their slot and the next one on the list took their place, if they were available.

The majority were quite interesting. I particularly liked the member who was interested in metal detecting.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thank you Floydy. You will be the first to go in the Hotseat.

Each person will have their own thread - eg: Floydy in the hotseat. Devo in the hotseat etc.

You answer the questions in your own good time but the longer you leave it the more the questions will mount up.

It went well last time - strictly questions & answers. Hopefully nobody will post rubbish and spoil it.

Each participant will be in the hot-seat for 5 days and then a 2 day rest before the next one.

Some people might ask questions you don't want to answer so just don't answer them.

I think one hot-seat a week is enough, hence the 2 day rest in between.

Thanks for the links Mags.x
I'm first??! Hell, when will that be?
Bearing in mind, my working hours, sleep patterns etc, I may need to answer of batch of questions at once and disappear. I can't be on here 24/7 like some members (unfortunately).
But having a separate thread for each member is the best way. That way we can pop in and out at our, er, leisure
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think all of us would find you very interesting, Tara. Go for it...and swear all you like. Equality and all that
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm first??! Hell, when will that be?
Bearing in mind, my working hours, sleep patterns etc, I may need to answer of batch of questions at once and disappear. I can't be on here 24/7 like some members (unfortunately).
But having a separate thread for each member is the best way. That way we can pop in and out at our, er, leisure

That's the idea Floydy. Answer at your leisure.

If you disappear for more that 12 hours you might find a lot of questions to answer but take your time - towards the end of the 5 days they only come in slow trickles so plenty of time to catch up then.

When we get a few more names we can get a thread going in the Self moderated forum. So far it's you & Devo.

I hope others will put their names down.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Hi Carol, this sounds like a fun idea.....Put my name on

PS: I have been on hot seats before, so I know the ropes....

I would also like to add.....I think Tara would be an excellent candidate...come on now Tara, volunteer eh?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Aye bung me in as well, not that I am interesting in the least but anything to help get people posting
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's the idea Floydy. Answer at your leisure.

If you disappear for more that 12 hours you might find a lot of questions to answer but take your time - towards the end of the 5 days they only come in slow trickles so plenty of time to catch up then.
No problem, Carol. Thanks
My best time is late afternoon before tea, so I'll attack a btach of questions then if I can. Otherwise, I may get some time during the night too.

Where will the threads be placed...in the General section or somewhere else?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No problem, Carol. Thanks
My best time is late afternoon before tea, so I'll attack a btach of questions then if I can. Otherwise, I may get some time during the night too.

Where will the threads be placed...in the General section or somewhere else?
I got 25 questions lined up for you already Floydy, hahah....teasing you. You will be great in the seat Floyd.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top