Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:00 PM

Re: Earrings

Years ago I saw a dangly earing torn out of a womens ear and it put me right off wearing that type so as I have small ears and lobes I stick to wearing stud type earings but love to see the many different types on others.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have pieced ears clip ns are excruciating.
I like to see little girls with earrings as they do in many countries .
I don't think small children should have their ears pierced, besides being dangerous if they manage to swallow them, they should make that choice themselves when they are teenagers, not have it forced upon them.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:39 PM

My Mum wouldn't give me permission to have my ears pierced when I was young but as soon as I turned 16 I had them done.

About 2 years later I had a second pair done, and I eventually had a third pair done in my mid 30's.

The third pair of holes were impractical and they irritated so I let them close up but I still have the other 2 pairs of holes.

I rarely change my earrings, I have cubic zirconia studs in 1 set of holes and silver oval shaped hoops in the other set.

At one point I used to wear very fine gold hoops in all holes but they were so thin the holes partly closed and when I wanted to change earrings I had to re-open all the holes with a needle

I find dangly ones annoying coz the get caught in my hair.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Had my ears pierced at 16 and fainted . Later in life I was trained to pierce ears , I always refused to do children under 10 . One mother brought 11 year old girl in for piercing telling her not to be silly it wasn't going to hurt , I told the child it would hurt , it would be a sharp sting and hurt for a while after , I said when I had done one ear I'd have to do the other so she knew what was going to happen . I always told them the truth , it jolly well does hurt , that's why I fainted !

I went through a stage of not wearing earrings my friend told me I had holes in my ears and they would look better with earings , now I wear them all the time , I can't sleep in them though
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Had my ears pierced at 16 and fainted . Later in life I was trained to pierce ears , I always refused to do children under 10 . One mother brought 11 year old girl in for piercing telling her not to be silly it wasn't going to hurt , I told the child it would hurt , it would be a sharp sting and hurt for a while after , I said when I had done one ear I'd have to do the other so she knew what was going to happen . I always told them the truth , it jolly well does hurt , that's why I fainted !

I went through a stage of not wearing earrings my friend told me I had holes in my ears and they would look better with earings , now I wear them all the time , I can't sleep in them though
I think it should be illegal to have a child's ears pierced until they are of an age to understand what is going on and to know they have to be careful not to get the piercing infected.

A parent has to be crazy to have a baby's ears pierced, apart from putting them through unnecessary pain and possibly infection, a baby could pull them out and swallow them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:06 PM

When it was the fashion, my teenage son pierced his own ear.
I went mad!!

I am always fascinated by women wearing Christmas Tree earrings with flashing lights at Christmas!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

11-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I went mad!!

I am always fascinated by women wearing Christmas Tree earrings with flashing lights at Christmas!
Mine don't have flashing lights, that would be a step too far for me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think it should be illegal to have a child's ears pierced until they are of an age to understand what is going on and to know they have to be careful not to get the piercing infected.

A parent has to be crazy to have a baby's ears pierced, apart from putting them through unnecessary pain and possibly infection, a baby could pull them out and swallow them.

It's quite common in many countries .
India Spain most of South America and Asia
The babies will forget the pain and I have yet to hear of any
swallowing them .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I went mad!!

Mine did his nipples ( thankfully grew over)
I like to wear silly earrings at Christmas
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:02 PM

My granddaughter kept on and on about wanting to have her ears pierced and my daughter told her she could have them done in the summer holidays before she started the Senior school.

When the time came I went into town with them, my granddaughter sat in the higher chair. She had one assistant either side of her to pierce both ears at the same time. As soon as the stud went in, my granddaughter's eyes rolled up and she fainted .... I just caught her before her falling out of the chair!

She was out for a couple of minutes and white as a sheet when she came round

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top