Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:01 AM

Re: Earrings

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think it should be illegal to have a child's ears pierced until they are of an age to understand what is going on and to know they have to be careful not to get the piercing infected.
It was certainly against school rules when I was young. Anyone who turned up wearing jewellery of any kind received 10 bad conduct marks and the items were confiscated until the end of term.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It was certainly against school rules when I was young. Anyone who turned up wearing jewellery of any kind received 10 bad conduct marks and the items were confiscated until the end of term.
When I was young I don't ever remember seeing a child with pierced ears, it just wasn't done.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:36 AM

I don’t like to see babies with pierced ears.
I compare it to something like, docking puppies tails. A bit barbaric.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
When I was young I don't ever remember seeing a child with pierced ears, it just wasn't done.
At Grammar school there were a couple of Polish girls who wore earrings with tiny gold crosses - they were most upset at having to take them out - but they accepted the fact that rules were rules and never wore them in school again.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:49 AM

I had my ears pierced when I was sixteen and always wear earrings when I go out, dont feel dressed without them. My daughter had her ears pierced when she was about thirteen. I told her that she could not them done whilst she was still at school, but unbeknown to me she had saved her pocket money and came home one day with them done. There was nothing I could say or do about it. She too always wears earrings
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I had my ears pierced when I was sixteen and always wear earrings when I go out, dont feel dressed without them. My daughter had her ears pierced when she was about thirteen. I told her that she could not them done whilst she was still at school, but unbeknown to me she had saved her pocket money and came home one day with them done. There was nothing I could say or do about it. She too always wears earrings
CeeCee, l thought you had to have a letter of permission if you were under a certain age?
Most reputable places would not pierce a child’s ears if they were under the age requirement.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Most jewellers here won't pierce ears of anyone under sixteen unless their parent is with them. However - there are a few tattoo places that do it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:34 PM

My goodness, I would feel naked without my gold stud earrings. Always wore different shapes and size earrings when younger but as grew older and hair shorter with ears showing, Studs look smarter.

I will never forget how nervous I felt when I first went to have my ears pierced at the local jewellers at the age of 16. I had been looking forward to having lovely pierced earrings after having to wear clip -ons, which were usually so cheap that they always seemed to end up pinching my earlobes and making them red and sore when removed.
I was so scared I took my friend with me and held onto her hand tightly as the girl rubbed some antiseptic solution onto my earlobe. I must have crushed my poor friends hand so much as the machine punched a hole in my left earlobe and inserted the compulsory gold pierced ring earring that anyone who had their ears pierced, had to wear for the first six weeks before being allowed to wear ordinary pierced earrings. Anyway, the first pierced ear wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be so when she went to do the other earlobe, and just when I was beginning to relax a little bit more, she did the deed and then couldn't get the gold ring earring to go in and fasten. She told me it was because " I had gristle in my ear" Charming!. I felt so weird when I stood up, I don't even recall paying her. I just remember walking down the street to our local haunt, The National Milk Bar, and downing three cups of Expresso Coffee.

I do remember that I had to rub this antiseptic solution to my ears and keep moving the rings for six long weeks. It was a lovely feeling when I was finally able to take them out and wear whatever pierced earrings I wanted. At the time it was usually those really large ring ones that everyone like me, who had the Farrah Fawcett Hairstyle, seemed to wear. Happy days!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:28 PM

I had my ears pierced many years ago but find if I wear them for long one of my ears gets very sore [ I had trouble with this one healing when I first had them done ]. I dont go anywhere socially so I dont wear them now
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:34 PM

I had my ears pierced when I was young, I still have My gold star shaped studs that they were done with. I have to keep them in or my ears start to close over, very annoying. I have lots of other pairs for going out but once I get home it's back to my studs.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top