Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:55 AM

Re: Absorbed

If there is an issue that needs resolving, I'm like a dog woth a bone. I will think, and rationalize, and not stop working at a solution until I find one.
I'd call that being absorbed
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:08 AM

For the first five months of this year on this forum on a certain albums thread. A desperately sad and tedious existence which on reflection was a completely pointless exercise.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
For the first five months of this year on this forum on a certain albums thread. A desperately sad and tedious existence which on reflection was a completely pointless exercise.
It wasn't pointless, Floydy, I learned - indeed am still learning - a lot from that thread. You introduced me to people I had never heard of and music I had never listened to before - but will again. Thank you!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:21 AM

I agree tabby not pointless at all, don't do yourself down Floydy you set yourself a task and saw it through and lots of us enjoyed it too

I'm easily distracted but I must admit I do get totally absorbed when I'm decorating a room, I love transforming things and spaces... the garden too I get absorbed in that, wish it was bigger
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can anyone remember, the last time they were totally absorbed in something?
I always get absorbed in my reading material on my Kindle.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:18 AM

If you keep saying that Floydy, I'll send a really big person round to sort you out.

I really enjoyed it and it's out there forever.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Has anyone noticed it is nearly all ladies who get absorbed in things?

Why is that I wonder?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We can concentrate better than men
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I agree Mags. It must be something like that.

After work, a lot of men are either glued to the telly, or snoring in their favourite chair .... aren't they?
No, no, it's because men are better at multi-tasking.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No, no, it's because men are better at multi-tasking.
HA! HA!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:23 AM

Surely not Floydy it must have been an enjoyable experience for you re living the moments music has the power to bring back to us.

I think many who share your love for particular pieces of music will have enjoyed listening to your selection too.
People don't always feel the need to comment, it doesn't mean they haven't taken note of something.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Flight simulator post .

I went on one of those .
I crashed it .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top