Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:06 PM

Re: Do you like black pudding?

Agree about the Irish Black Pudding Art.

Nom, trouble is I live on the border between Shropshire and North Wales. Very difficult to get hold of Scottish Black Pudding here to try it. Must admit I haven't tried the Bury Black Pudding either. Just local which was marbled with round lumps of fat, which was very offputting, especially for someone like me who has to meticulously cut off with scissors, every tiny scrap of rind or fat on bacon rashers and steaks before I can even eat them. I just do not like fat on meat. (too spoiled princess when little).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:09 PM

I'm the same; I'm forever trimming bacon or the fat of ham and roast beef.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
White Pudding (which I thought was vegetarian) contains oats, onions, spices, seasoning and beef suet. You could replace the beef suet with vegetable fat.

A childhood favourite of mine was rissoles; I'm not sure what was in them but they were savoury and covered with ruskoline or breadcrumbs.

My Mum used to buy them from a butcher very close to where I live now but shut down years ago.
Sometimes it is better not to know!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top