Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:13 PM

Re: Were you ever into CB radio?

I only had 40 channels on my CB radios.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_rad...United_Kingdom
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:13 PM

It was comprehensive, Bruce. Yes, I only had 40 channels too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:24 PM

This.....
We have all the above channels in the UK at present. About six years from now, we’ll lose the top list (UK channels). So, how will this affect the Italian man in his Italian house? It won’t. How will this affect the UK CBers? It won’t. I’ve heard CBers anywhere and everywhere from 25mHz upwards. So, the FREEBAND, as it’s known, is about 3mHz wide! Isn't it about time someone sorted this out? And why do the Italians use their echoing bathrooms as shacks?

It's always amazed me to think that the international CB community are so well organized. The international SSB calling frequency is 27.555mHz, and this works extremely well. People make contact and then move to another frequency. I wish we had something like that on 10 metres. They even have an international SSTV frequency, which is 27.700kHz. And some of the pictures are... Rude? Yes, that's the word I was looking for.

I'm not condoning international pirating between 25 and 28mHz, but it's been going on for so many decades that I believe it's here to stay. Who shall we blame for this world-wide anarchy?

Taken from this....

http://www.g4nsj.co.uk/cb.shtml

I gave up because the Italian skip got so bad.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top