Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 02:56 PM

Re: It's A Kind Of Magic.(QUEEN)

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
don't get me started!!!

Queen didn't need to bring in another frontman and it makes me really cross.

Roger Taylor and Brian May are great singers, they could have carried on Queen with just the two of them. Roger especially has a brilliant unique voice.

I really can't watch Queen since they brought him in with them.
Interesting! Obviously Freddie can never be replaced but that's not what Adam is trying to do. It does mean however that Queen have continued playing live which is great imo.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:07 PM

But they could have continued without Lambert. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

I just can't think of them as queen with another front man.

John left the band because he didn't feel they could ever be the same without Freddie. John is now a recluse and doesn't have much to do with them except for the financial side of things.

For me Queen died when Freddie died too.

The die hard fans were quite upset when they brought Adam in. I feel Adam could have made it in his own right.

I would go watch Brian and Roger but never with Lambert performing with them. Not that they will care lol.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:26 PM

I totally agree with you LQ since Mercury died I only ever watch re-runs of Queen music with Mercury singing. I did read somewhere that they tried a couple of stand ins but there was no interest from me on listening to them. Same goes for Smokie when Chris Norman left.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Mother Love was written by Brian and Freddie and the last ever vocal performance that Freddie did.
Upon reaching the final verse, Freddie told Brian that he had to go and "have a rest", but that he would return later and finish it. After that, Freddie never made it back to the studio, and May sang the last verse on the track.

According to Wikipedia Freddies vocals were recorded between 13–16 May 1991 after the Innuendo sessions.

It always makes me cry when Brians voice comes in at the last verse because I know Freddie would have been so sad that he never made it to the studio to finish that song. Very emotional song indeed.

It's a very haunting song and terribly sad, I so, so wish he could have made it to finish the song.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2019, 09:47 PM

I have lots of favourites but I really do think this is my absolute favourite, it's a beautiful song and it really does 'take my breath away'

It was performed live at Hyde Park in 1976, ooooooooooh how I wish I'd been there.

Everytime he makes a move he destroys my mind

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I totally agree with you LQ since Mercury died I only ever watch re-runs of Queen music with Mercury singing. I did read somewhere that they tried a couple of stand ins but there was no interest from me on listening to them. Same goes for Smokie when Chris Norman left.

The re-runs are mostly all I ever watch on you tube, I've found tons of songs I never knew existed which is quite exciting. I have all the albums on my desktop and listen to my CDS when driving, I can't get enough of Queen.
I'm so glad they made so many songs and videos for me to keep him and his music alive, I wish there had been more.

I watch all the documentaries and I love to watch videos of them all having fun together, I love to see him laugh, it always brings a smile to my face. You could say I'm obsessed with him, but its a nice obsession because I really enjoy him.

One of my lifes regrets is that I never went to see him live, how I wish I had been at Live Aid, wow, can you imagine!

I'm so glad this thread is here. I get to indulge in my passion and obsession lol
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-10-2019, 08:18 PM

Time waits for nobody, well that's true.

Love this

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 10:57 PM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top