Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 06:38 PM

Re: Valentines gifts.

When l was 20, on St Valentine’s Day, a long box containing the most beautiful flowers were delivered to the hairdressing salon that l worked at.
It was filled with lovely flowers, including the most fragrant Freesia. There was just a card, saying, ‘From a guy who thinks you’re gorgeous’.
I had absolutely no idea who they were from. I rang the florists that had delivered them as l wanted to say, Thank You to the person who sent them but they wouldn’t tell me his name.

That evening, l was at the pub that l frequented a lot at the time and l was asking male friends, if they had sent the flowers. Then l realised, l must stop asking. I mean who was l to assume that they had sent them at all!
I never did find out but the use of the word ‘guy’ wasn't common in those days. There was one man who had worked in America and l had my suspicions!
I will never forget that lovely gesture and those flowers as they were beautiful.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Valentines sort of lost its way, when folks chose to make it a public affair.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I kinda agree with that, Spitty.

All I shall be getting this Valentine's day is a blinkin' mammogram on Thursday!!

Kinda takes the edge of anything romantic a bit, don't it.
I agree with spitty too, Mups ...

Nothing is more unromantic than enforced romance
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l was 20, on St Valentine’s Day, a long box containing the most beautiful flowers were delivered to the hairdressing salon that l worked at.
It was filled with lovely flowers, including the most fragrant Freesia. There was just a card, saying, ‘From a guy who thinks you’re gorgeous’.
I had absolutely no idea who they were from. I rang the florists that had delivered them as l wanted to say, Thank You to the person who sent them but they wouldn’t tell me his name.

That evening, l was at the pub that l frequented a lot at the time and l was asking male friends, if they had sent the flowers. Then l realised, l must stop asking. I mean who was l to assume that they had sent them at all!
I never did find out but the use of the word ‘guy’ wasn't common in those days. There was one man who had worked in America and l had my suspicions!
I will never forget that lovely gesture and those flowers as they were beautiful.
Lovely post Art, and a lovely memory.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:23 PM

I didn't know how to cut 'n' paste...but Art,I too,think that's a really MAGICAL account of love at it's finest.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:36 PM

I have decided to wrap my naked body in a red ribbon with a strategically placed large bow, and present myself to Dementia my beloved, the reason being that I looked in the mirror this morning ,........ I am in love, ...in another time and place I would have been a God. I am bloody gorgeous. She deserves me.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Ok...so,taking 'time' and 'place' to be interchangeable in accordance with multiple-vortex ingression and event-progression....ZAP!...you are now IN that 'different time & place',Rehab44...so,GO GET HER,dude! [may I just suggest you change out of your fluffy bunny slippers first,though]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I have decided to wrap my naked body in a red ribbon with a strategically placed large bow, and present myself to Dementia my beloved, the reason being that I looked in the mirror this morning ,........ I am in love, ...in another time and place I would have been a God. I am bloody gorgeous. She deserves me.
May we have a photo please
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:18 PM

Yes! My man always gets me a card , usually flowers and chocolates . Sometimes he takes me out for dinner and sometimes I buy him a card.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You’ve been drinking again Rehab
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ok...so,taking 'time' and 'place' to be interchangeable in accordance with multiple-vortex ingression and event-progression....ZAP!...you are now IN that 'different time & place',Rehab44...so,GO GET HER,dude! [may I just suggest you change out of your fluffy bunny slippers first,though]
Bugger! I thought they might have added a little je ne sais quoi?

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top