Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 12:56 AM

Re: what are your fears

I have never liked heights inspite of having jobs which involved climbing TV Masts, Telegraph Poles, Boilers etc but since I have retired it has got worse, now I get queazy watching YouTube videos of heights.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have never liked heights inspite of having jobs which involved climbing TV Masts, Telegraph Poles, Boilers etc but since I have retired it has got worse, now I get queazy watching YouTube videos of heights.
Yep! I just have to think about and I can get a bit queasy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 01:08 AM

I have no fear of heights, however, I don't think I could get involved with potholing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have no fear of heights, however, I don't think I could get involved with potholing.
I have no trouble with confined spaces just heights. Funny eh?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Instinct isn't rational.
Looking at the stats is.
I agree, assessing the stats is important though you won't find some of the stats needed. However in terms of the notion that "flying is the safest form of transport" one quickly learns that this is a dubious statistic when looking at the various Aircraft Safety/Incident Databases.

Some might be interested in this one. It lists all the accidents for every year going back a long way. Scroll down the page and click on a given year.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/

For 2019, which has only just begun, there have already been 14 incidents with 22 fatalities.

In 2018 there were a total of 198 airplane incidents and those saw a total of 963 fatalities.

The science of flying is far from perfect and neither are the safety protocols and aircraft builds.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top