Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Re: A good night out - spoiled!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I fail to understand ...

a) Why parents allow their children to behave so obnoxiously - and -

b) Why the management did not ask them to control the brats or leave.

Let's face it - if one of those children had been scalded by hot food or slipped on the chips and hurt themselves - who would the parents have blamed?

Totally agree with you, Tabs.

Also, if it is soft lighting, and the waiters are carrying trays of hot food, they cannot always see small kids underfoot.
I think it is teaching these children all the wrong lessons.

What with the no heating, and the long wait for food, and then those kids as well, it's such a shame it spoiled your night out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:43 PM

I do wonder why people go to Indian restaurants, the six points you have mentioned happened to me (at different places) many years ago and made me decide then that I would never risk being humiliated by such outright ignorance and insulting behaviour ever again. That was more than 30 years ago and I have stuck to my resolve ever since and honestly don't think there's ever been a reason for me to regret it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Good Company can beat the life off a bad place.

I met the mother of my kids when she was being sexually groped by two Prats, two of her Managers.

It lasted 3 weeks short of 25 years and two kids which I am intensely proud of.

It was a fact of life all those years ago, but I was having none of it.

A woman's body is hers to give, it is not to be taken.

My basic view of life.

She was scared about losing her job.

I wasn't, I knew they were more scared of getting a good kicking.

I am not a nice man, I do not like violence, but I will use it against those who prey on women and kids.

I am a man with many faults, I can live with them.

I will never change, that is just me.

Threaten violence against a Woman or a Child and I am a complete Nightmare.
Swimmy I am a bit confused! It is sad that your ex was unable to prevent 2 of her managers from groping her in a public place. I know I would have stopped it no matter whether they were my boss or not! What confuses me though, is where is the connection between your experience of 25 years ago & silver tabby's night out which was spoiled by badly behaved children?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What has that to do with my night out, Swimmy?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I do wonder why people go to Indian restaurants, the six points you have mentioned happened to me (at different places) many years ago and made me decide then that I would never risk being humiliated by such outright ignorance and insulting behaviour ever again. That was more than 30 years ago and I have stuck to my resolve ever since and honestly don't think there's ever been a reason for me to regret it.
It's not exclusively Indian restaurants though, it can and does happen anywhere.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not exclusively Indian restaurants though, it can and does happen anywhere.

I agree, course it does, unfortunately.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
What a nightmare tabs, sorry you had to sit through that I cant understand why the management allowed that to go on, of course they were having their own nightmare. I am afraid its down to the parents.
I think management are worried about confronting anyone these days Issi for fear of reprisals. No one seems to have any 'bottle' any more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top