Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Let them sleep ( bless em!)

It turns out the little darlings , snowflakes , whatever may just be shortening their day even more ... the times I’ve heard it said universities could easily condense a 3 year into a one year course given the actual productive times , the school days has certainly become shorter in my lifetime ... and now things may change again

We're not lazy, we just need more sleep, say pupils http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47164545

( a silly old fart was quoted as saying get to bed earlier )

As MPs prepare to debate a petition for schools to start at 10:00, teenagers tell the BBC about their own experiences with early school starts.
It takes 100,000 signatures to trigger a Parliamentary debate and this one, saying early school starts make pupils "so tired", has gained 180,000.
"I remember how miserable I was from waking up early," says sixth form student Leah.
Her college is experimenting with a later start for classes.
But Leah recalls the early starts at her old school with horror.
"In the mornings of our GCSEs, everyone would be so tired, you could see on their faces that they weren't ready for the exam, they weren't awake enough."
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:49 PM

Re: Let them sleep ( bless em!)

Hilarious! I bet they are on their phones all night.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hilarious! I bet they are on their phones all night.
Or on bleedin' Facebook, Instagram or other various gadgets instead of revising for their exams. You would think it was only them who had to go through early-day starts and exams.

Where's me hanky? I feel like shedding a few tears for them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 02:04 PM

Hi

They should try going to school in some other Countries, a much earlier start.

You can tell those on Benefits here, they do not surface until the middle of the morning.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 03:20 PM

I heard that a lot of parents signed the petition for the later hour too!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I heard that a lot of parents signed the petition for the later hour too!
Cos they too are bone idle?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top