Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:44 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

Hi

It is what is best for you Floydy.

As regards flights, I travel a lot.

Flight times are often nothing compared to the amount of time you spend in the Airport.

My regular trips to Poland, four hours in Airports, two and a half hours flying.

Even flying Ryanair is better than waiting in Manchester Airport.

Longhaul is always Emirates or BA, with a lounge.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is what is best for you Floydy.

As regards flights, I travel a lot.

Flight times are often nothing compared to the amount of time you spend in the Airport.

My regular trips to Poland, four hours in Airports, two and a half hours flying.

Even flying Ryanair is better than waiting in Manchester Airport.

Longhaul is always Emirates or BA, with a lounge.
Thanks Swimmy.
Yes, we will definitely need to take into account the waiting times. On some of the longer flights we even 'lose' a day messing around with flights and so on. Way it is.
Hate Manchester airport but it's closer for us than London, but booking the hotel overnight and airport lounge will make it much more comfortable
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:41 PM

I was exhausted just reading the itinerary.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:47 PM

If you are wanting to break up the flight, yes then, Chicago would be a good call. It's an interesting city with plenty to do. Boston is a 3.5 minimum drive from New York in heavy (truck) traffic, so unless you flying in and out of there, that would work out fine.

The last thing I would do would be to steer you from your interests, so go for it and have a great time!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I was exhausted just reading the itinerary.
Believe me, it's more exhausting changing it all the time trying to find a do-able plan, Savvy. Almost there with it now I think!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
If you are wanting to break up the flight, yes then, Chicago would be a good call. It's an interesting city with plenty to do. Boston is a 3.5 minimum drive from New York in heavy (truck) traffic, so unless you flying in and out of there, that would work out fine.

The last thing I would do would be to steer you from your interests, so go for it and have a great time!
Not at all, Surfermom, I appreciate all your help. If it wasn't for you I'd still be going to Long Beach (although my friend I saw today said they loved it there...depends what you want in a place I guess!).
We won't be driving anywhere, so it will be planes or trains (no automobiles). We may even get to both cities yet, cutting a day or two from San Diego and Vegas. We'll see how plans work out to enable us to add a couple of days for Boston. I have about three weeks until I book it all, plus we'll be asking the travel agent too for advice.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:20 PM

Check if you are flying direct from Manchester or having to get a connecting from Heathrow...2 hour stop over
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-10-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Check if you are flying direct from Manchester or having to get a connecting from Heathrow...2 hour stop over
Ideally I'm hoping for a direct flight to SF, Galty but it depends on the cost really. I'll see what the travel agent can do for us there
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Ideally I'm hoping for a direct flight to SF, Galty but it depends on the cost really. I'll see what the travel agent can do for us there
Almost sure no direct flights from Manchester.

Like your itinerary...Boston Chicago would think I would like to go to both.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-10-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Almost sure no direct flights from Manchester.

Like your itinerary...Boston Chicago would think I would like to go to both.
Just checked and Virgin do a flight on a Saturday. Expensive but it's worth checking properly with the travel agent.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-10-2019, 04:59 AM

Wife wants to go to Nashville as originally planned so can't do Chicago. That means Boston is out too. I'm okay with that for the two nights then it's New York, a much easier logistical transition actually.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top