Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Removing blood from a carpet

I sustained a cut this morning, due to my own total stupidity. It bled heavily and some blood spilled onto my bedroom carpet. In panic I phoned our eldest girl who has had first aid training and she came to patch up her senile old mother.

Then she turned her attention to the carpet. She scattered salt over it, and then poured water on the salt. The blood was erased and mopped up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Re: Removing blood from a carpet

That's good hope it heals fast T. I tend to use pet stain remover from pets at home that picks up most things including blood pretty well.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Tara! Poor you x
Glad carpet was sorted but you're the cause for concern
I hope you feel ok?
Go easy on yourself today
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Tara! Poor you x
Glad carpet was sorted but you're the cause for concern
I hope you feel ok?
Go easy on yourself today
Thanks.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Thanks.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Tara, l hope your finger isn’t too sore. It such an inconvenience when you have a cut finger, chores and everything else becomes so awkward.

My mother in law used to say, the water had to be cold to remove the blood, not warm. I presume that’s what your daughter used?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tara, l hope your finger isn’t too sore. It such an inconvenience when you have a cut finger, chores and everything else becomes so awkward.

My mother in law used to say, the water had to be cold to remove the blood, not warm. I presume that’s what your daughter used?
It isn't my finger which is the problem.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 09:42 PM

I thought you'd killed someone when I first read the title of this post Tara.....

I usually roll bodies in plastic before doing the deed.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I thought you'd killed someone when I first read the title of this post Tara.....

I usually roll bodies in plastic before doing the deed.....
I had also wondered what Tara had been up to, Bob! I thought a confession was coming
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Me too - that was the first thing that came to mind! You'd think a magnet would help clear it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top