Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 04:42 PM

Re: LibDems want to revoke Article 50.

Lib Dems are the party for people with broken principles.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 05:02 PM

The Liberal Democrats?? What's democratic about revoking Article 50 without asking the people first and then observing the majority decision. That smacks of jack boots again!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Revoking any decision made by the population following a formal organised vote is a very risky thing to do particularly when the Prime Minister of the day states.....

... it is setting a precedent and saying that any vote taken can be disregarded.

If Parliament by majority agrees to give people a vote they should abide by the decision or not ask them in the first place...
David Cameron stirring the pot, hoping to increase of sales of his autobiography.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/14/david...aphy-10741574/
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 06:50 PM

LibDems should change to libdicators as they are not prepared to accept a democratic vote 3 years ago
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 07:32 PM

***Off topic bickering removed
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
LibDems should change to libdicators as they are not prepared to accept a democratic vote 3 years ago
Their MP's were elected on other parties manifestos.

The party of broken principles ...
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:11 PM

My understanding of the latest Lib/dem proposal by Jo Swinton is, that if they win the election, they will rescind Article fifty without consulting the people (via a referendum which they have been so loudly been calling for previously), on the grounds that if people elected them they will have a mandate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we voted in the last election and also the refeferedum didn't we give the Conservatives a mandate to take us out of the EU. Yet all parties and especially the Lib/Dems seem to deny this. I would seem that the Lib/Dems have double standards, or do the have none whatsoever.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-09-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
My understanding of the latest Lib/dem proposal by Jo Swinton is, that if they win the election, they will rescind Article fifty without consulting the people (via a referendum which they have been so loudly been calling for previously), on the grounds that if people elected them they will have a mandate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we voted in the last election and also the refeferedum didn't we give the Conservatives a mandate to take us out of the EU. Yet all parties and especially the Lib/Dems seem to deny this. I would seem that the Lib/Dems have double standards, or do the have none whatsoever.

They have a shelf life of about 7 weeks
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Scottish MP, as was the late Charles Kennnedy. Much preferred him.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we voted in the last election and also the refeferedum didn't we give the Conservatives a mandate to take us out of the EU.
Apparently they didn't know what to do with that mandate. At least, after three years that conclusion seems justified. Acting on people's wishes doesn't sit well with conservatives. So they started to fight amongst themselves. They're quite good at that.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top