Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Re: Drumming up racial fear and hatred

Not everyone voted for that reason, but if you remove those who did the result would be different.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:41 AM

If you remove those people we go to a very dark place, it appears we already are in a place that is becoming more dangerous every day and telling people they cannot vote for their own reasons is a step too far on the way to dictatorship. Might as well start goose stepping and hailing our new german leader now.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Annie, that is totally irrelevant. One could say exactly the same for those that voted Remain. Every voter had their own reason for voting the way they did, whether it was Leave or Remain. To attempt to put those reasons into separate boxes is silly, and seems to me that after 3.5 years, you are still in denial over the result and trying to make excuses as to why the country voted the way it did.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
3 years on now... Where are the 70 million Turks that were coming into Britain Nigel?
I don't know but they are not in Scotland that's for sure.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Plenty of Turks have been living here for years. People from all over the world seem able to settle here. We don't have to accept them yet we do. It's not that people don't trust the eu, it's that we do not trust ourselves. Nobody seems to want to accept that it is we who are the problem.
How are we the problem ? The original post was referring to the millions who could arrive on our shores and if it was hypothetical.
If millions did arrive on our shores, I think it would be a problem for everyone. We must also remember that many of those millions in Turkey are ISIS, Turkmen, and plenty of Turkish -backed rebel groups, others you would rather not have in this country.

As it is, we don't have enough housing, school places, hospital beds, resources for our own people, and I think those things have come up in discussion many times on here (OFF).
Funny how some are totally opposed to illegal migrants who float in across the Channel or hop on a truck and yet when it comes to legal migration it's fine !
I don't see one person any different to another if they wish to travel to another country. Legal or illegal, they are all people . So if those who consider Leave voters to be opposed to immigration en mass, and that is the only reason they voted Leave, then I think the Remainers are lying and kidding themselves by trying to hide their own grievances behind someone else's cloak.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by meg ->
some people are obsessed that those who voted to leave the eu did so because of immigration when many voted for other reasons entirely ....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...44#post1757044

and also voted not to stay in the eu in 1975 when immigration was never mentioned at all.

The trouble is many who voted remain did not know what they were voting for believing the status quo in the eu would be maintained when the contrary is true and they have aspirations for an 'empire'as stated by guy verhofstadt at the liberal democrat conference.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Annie, that is totally irrelevant. One could say exactly the same for those that voted Remain. Every voter had their own reason for voting the way they did, whether it was Leave or Remain. To attempt to put those reasons into separate boxes is silly, and seems to me that after 3.5 years, you are still in denial over the result and trying to make excuses as to why the country voted the way it did.
I was responding to Megs post.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
3 years on now... Where are the 70 million Turks that were coming into Britain Nigel?

Attachment 10742
They are already here, have you visited Rotherham, Sheffield, Leeds, Bradford, Rochdale, Bury, Blackburn and loads of other places in Yorkshire that have been taken over by immigrants....? No I thought not, you probably come from the leafy suburbs of Buckinghamshire or some other posh county down south....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
How are we the problem ? The original post was referring to the millions who could arrive on our shores and if it was hypothetical.
If millions did arrive on our shores, I think it would be a problem for everyone. We must also remember that many of those millions in Turkey are ISIS, Turkmen, and plenty of Turkish -backed rebel groups, others you would rather not have in this country.

As it is, we don't have enough housing, school places, hospital beds, resources for our own people, and I think those things have come up in discussion many times on here (OFF).
Funny how some are totally opposed to illegal migrants who float in across the Channel or hop on a truck and yet when it comes to legal migration it's fine !
I don't see one person any different to another if they wish to travel to another country. Legal or illegal, they are all people . So if those who consider Leave voters to be opposed to immigration en mass, and that is the only reason they voted Leave, then I think the Remainers are lying and kidding themselves by trying to hide their own grievances behind someone else's cloak.
Why is immigration from outside the EU a problem here? Because there are just as many non EU migrants coming these days. Is that the fault of yhe Eu?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:00 AM

I think for some people they have never been told they lost anything before. My friends who are remain living near me have won the political elections every year because we are in a safe seat. It absolutely appalled them they lost the referendum vote and still cannot understand it.

Looking at people on the street stamping their feet and getting hysterical about something they clearly dont understand at all. Anyone else see they state of the woman who refused to shake a nurses hand because he voted leave ? screamed nazi at him. And when asked by the reporters could only make some statements about leavers being nazis because they believe in white supremacy, white supremacy and general supremacy. I'm still wondering how she got from a nurse who was perfectly polite to her that he was a nazi and trying to be generally supreme - what does that mean anyway general supremacy ?

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top