Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Re: Death Of Democracy

And now things are getting more and more ridiculous. BJ is now having his collar felt for using 'inappropriate' language for using words like Surrender, Betrayal. The man is telling the opposition the truth as to their behavior. What is he supposed to say. Now we have MPs running to the Supreme Court if things do not go the way they want them to go.
Where is Oliver Cromwell when we need him.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Wrong. Prorogation wasn't a Parliamentary decision, quite the reverse in fact. It was Boris 'Bullingdon Club' Johnson whose action was found to be unlawful, thus restoring Parliament.
Hear hear.

Has no-one here heard of the Separation of Powers, it is fundamental to the 'Westminster' system of government.

The three arms of government, the Executive, the Legislature and the Judiciary each separate and independent, a series of checks and balances.

As for "Death of Democracy"? what a joke! it can hardly die if you don't have it in the first place can it? You have to replace the unelected swill in House of Lords with an elected upper house first.

Actually getting rid of the Clown Prince would be a start, stop electing entitled galahs from expensive private schools.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
As I understand, health insurance can be a lot more and it doesn't cover any extras like I mentioned .

Food banks have 85,000 people use them at last count and rising

Two hospitals closed last year due to bankruptcy.

So really,

Holland faces the same issues as UK, although on a smaller scale, as your population is only 17 million, compared to UK's 67 million (which seems to be going up at an incredible rate.)

In fact ,so many countries are all bound by the same rules and agendas now, I wonder where the origin of the changes filter through from.. ? Well we do know, and that is why we UK don't want to be the same as everyone else, or virtually bankrupt like Greece, Spain and Italy , and I'm sure you can understand why.
Insurance covering the extra's raises the monthly premium with £ 20

Yes, you have four times the population, so if four times as much people used food banks in the UK that would be 340.000. In reality 590.000 people in the UK were dependent on food banks in 2016. By now in the UK the number of people is double that in the netherlands.

The hospitals closed were getting not enough patients. Mainly due to the number of hospitals in the area (there were too many).

Indeed, the british have a problem with adaptation.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Shouting insults from a van?
What do you have say regards these insults from MPs
"Brexiteers like Nazis? I would say that wasn,t strong enough"

"I would like to go back to the 1980s and assassinate Margaret Thatcher"

"I think all tories are an absolute disgrace. They should all be taken out and shot"

People often ask us what it is that makes us tick, It,s Boris Johnson,s head on a stick"

"I should have come down here with a bat and smashed your face in"

These comment were spoken by MPs and not shouted from the window of a white van.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:32 AM

***Personal bickering and comments removed, if this behaviour continues those involved can expect a suspension.
Calling another member 'a liar ' is name calling and not allowed. Do not accuse fellow members of lying.
Thank you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->

"I think all tories are an absolute disgrace. They should all be taken out and shot"

People often ask us what it is that makes us tick, It,s Boris Johnson,s head on a stick"

These comment were spoken by MPs and not shouted from the window of a white van.

Nothing wrong with shouting from the van. It's what we are allowed to do in our country it's our freedom of speech.

The liberals and left have always tried to control what we say and how we say it so we should do it all the more. Brexiteers are far too quiet, we need to stick one back on the establishment to tell them we will not give in and we expect our elected MPs to honour our decision.

I'm going write another "face melter" to my MP today because he like the other parliamentarians think that they know better than the people who voted for them and the decision they gave us. Instead they refuse to act on their own promises.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->

Such insults have been around, in the HOC, for a very long time.

I think that the Speaker should have the power to make put a red card up for anyone who practices this.

Trouble is, he might get a touch one sided.

All this shouting, and name calling, does get one high ratings on twitter, etc, and make a great diversion for MPs to blanket out the real topic under discussion. After all, the media loves this sort of garbage.

The shouting is getting as much coverage as Brexit!

big ben
United Kingdom

27-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Do you remember when Dennis Skinner called D Cameron 'Dodgy Dave'. He was asked by the speaker to withdraw that remark. He refused and was ordered out of the 'House'
The HOC is getting more like Comedy Playhouse each day.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Here is the caring lefty, David Lammy saying kind words about people and nobody batting an eyelid because he is principled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPiLNKM2BA
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Surely these are not the same opposition MPs getting the vapours because Boris used that vile, offensive, completely uncalled for, disgusting, insulting word - Humbug! ?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top