Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:12 PM

Re: Fake News With Brexit Related Polls

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Well I'm one who voted Remain, not because I love the EU or anything, I just knew the referendum was a mistake.

Now the damage has been done, if there was another ref. I'd vote Leave.

And I know others thinking the same.
I think that's fair because our relationship with the EU is broken.

After the way they have reacted to our free and legal decision to Leave there is no way we could stay in that organisation.

My partner voted Remain to retain the status quo......she would vote Leave now because the status quo has been shattered.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:40 PM

But is this fake news or reality.
The same could be said of your tale
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The same could be said of your tale
It could. But I'm not out to sway opinion ... believe it or not, just adding the opinion of little old me.

I think AidoPotato was speaking hypothetically when he said:
"There are countless leave voters who have since completely changed their minds".
I'm not sure if he is one of them, or if he knows anyone personally who has switched from leave to remain. Or if he's been reading too much into what the papers say.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I think that's fair because our relationship with the EU is broken.

After the way they have reacted to our free and legal decision to Leave there is no way we could stay in that organisation.

My partner voted Remain to retain the status quo......she would vote Leave now because the status quo has been shattered.
Yep. That's how I see it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Yep. That's how I see it.
That's strange. You started your leave by invoking article 50. That article sets out the procedure to achieve that. Article 50 paragraph 2 says an agreement will be negotiated. If you remember, that negotiation was characterised by the total absence of a plan on UKside, and an abundance of red lines, based of assumptions/promises made by your politicians during campaigning for the referendum.

The deal negotiated was accepted by the EU, but your HoC refused to do the same (what you were told during the referendum campaign turned out to be fanciful dreams).

The EU told theresa may another deal is possible, what are the red lines you want to shift? She didn't want to.

Now the EU is simply waiting for you to ratify the deal, because the UK let the time elapse. So don't try to blame the EU, the UK made a shambles of the opportunities they had.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

27-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
That's strange. You started your leave by invoking article 50. That article sets out the procedure to achieve that. Article 50 paragraph 2 says an agreement will be negotiated. If you remember, that negotiation was characterised by the total absence of a plan on UKside, and an abundance of red lines, based of assumptions/promises made by your politicians during campaigning for the referendum.

The deal negotiated was accepted by the EU, but your HoC refused to do the same (what you were told during the referendum campaign turned out to be fanciful dreams).

The EU told theresa may another deal is possible, what are the red lines you want to shift? She didn't want to.

Now the EU is simply waiting for you to ratify the deal, because the UK let the time elapse. So don't try to blame the EU, the UK made a shambles of the opportunities they had.
Oh you don't have to tell me ... an unbelievable shambles.

But that doesn't change the fact that we chose to leave the club and they turned against us to the extent it now seems inconceivable we could ever work together again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:50 PM

Oh you don't have to tell me ... an unbelievable shambles.

But that doesn't change the fact that we chose to leave the club and they turned against us to the extent it now seems inconceivable we could ever work together again.
Can you supply examples of the EU turning against the UK? The whole world observes brits turning against each other, in the parliament, in the courts, on televion and in the streets. And they observe the EU waiting for the british to come up with something sensible.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=Bread;1789228]
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Oh SG, it's just Banchory using one of his phoney accounts.

Reminds me of the end of Scooby Doo ... "who's that behind the AidoPotato mask.... it's Banchory !..... and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids'
I have only one account only

You however seem to have many fantasies.

Perhaps you need to go for a drive around Parliament square and shout a bit
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 06:15 PM

I can't speak in regards to Brexit or Remain, but I do know that over on this side of the pond, "Fake News" is a recent addition to our political scene. The true meaning is "anything reported, that disagrees with one's policy, or criticism of an individual" is Fake News - - -TO THAT PERSON OR PARTY. To the rest of the world it may be suspect or not, depending on their pre-conceived bias regarding the press. It is slowly becoming a part of our everyday life.

i'd hate to think of what reporting would have been like in WWII if every setback of our forces, reported in the news (of that day) would have immediately been followed by the cries of "Fake News" by our military commanders.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
I can't speak in regards to Brexit or Remain, but I do know that over on this side of the pond, "Fake News" is a recent addition to our political scene. The true meaning is "anything reported, that disagrees with one's policy, or criticism of an individual" is Fake News - - -TO THAT PERSON OR PARTY. To the rest of the world it may be suspect or not, depending on their pre-conceived bias regarding the press. It is slowly becoming a part of our everyday life.

i'd hate to think of what reporting would have been like in WWII if every setback of our forces, reported in the news (of that day) would have immediately been followed by the cries of "Fake News" by our military commanders.
DaveA it may come as a surprise to you, but in ww2 neither the germans nor the allies reported on setbacks. The military commanders saw to that. First not to give the enemy intelligence on its succes, and second not to demoralize the own troops and home front.
The bbc had broadcasting in all european languages reporting about the onmarch of the allied forces. It gave hope to occupied countries and demoralized the germans (bbc broadcasted in german too).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top