Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:38 PM

Re: Don't Blame Us For The Mess, Guv.

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Meanwhile, the news this last 24 hours tells us that Corbyn will be PM by this time next week, as the result of a no confidence vote and another remainer stitch up.
Because that’s the only way he can become PM, as he’s turned down the opportunity for an election. Twice. Or is it 3 times now?
I hate to say it, but that makes him a better strategist than dominique cummings.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
As long as there is a pm in office, this pm has to request an extension. The benn bill doesn't specify a name. Only boris resigning offers a slim chance of a no deal brexit, but will boris make such a sacrifice for his country?
The EU should have the bottle to refuse the extension..........but they won't...They love us too much!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The EU should have the bottle to refuse the extension..........but they won't...They love us too much!!
Perhaps they've read this forum. Some of the attitude displayed here you don't want at international level. : And of course they consider farage a typical exponent of british "diplomacy".
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hear hear S.G.

We need to be OUT by Oct 31st come hell or high water...
It's just not going to happen Judd. Expect a 2+ year extension.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we don't leave on 31st I predict trouble on the streets I am trying to calm people I know at the moment to stop them going to london to protest. I don't see it ending well if they did go.
Honestly Julie, it will be fine. This is one thing I think both sides can agree on. I am a remainer but I absolutely hate violence, and I have friends who voted leave who are the same.

Most on both sides do not want violence, and given the low turn out at leave rallies (that is not meant to be a dig) there really is not a whole lot to worry about. Again, I am not trying to dig here but most leavers weren't overly interested in rallying, and it is highly unlikely that leavers are going to risk jail time for violent protests. You will get a small number who will go down the violent route but they will be quickly dealt with.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Meanwhile, the news this last 24 hours tells us that Corbyn will be PM by this time next week, as the result of a no confidence vote and another remainer stitch up.
You do realise Corbyn wants to leave the EU right?
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It's better for everybody that the UK remain in the EU, hence the extensions. A new one is coming up very shortly. Two more years old bean. You better get used to it
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 03:06 PM

Perhaps they've read this forum. Some of the attitude displayed here you don't want at international level. : And of course they consider farage a typical exponent of british "diplomacy".
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 03:59 PM

I hate to say it, but that makes him a better strategist than dominique cummings.
Actually, his name is Dominic. Dominique is the female equivalent. I thought you spoke better English than that.

As to his abilities as a strategist..... it’s his incompetence that has got us to where we are now, and it is he that Corbyn should thank for making him PM.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Honestly Julie, it will be fine. This is one thing I think both sides can agree on. I am a remainer but I absolutely hate violence, and I have friends who voted leave who are the same.

Your view is imho utterly naive

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Most on both sides do not want violence, and given the low turn out at leave rallies (that is not meant to be a dig) there really is not a whole lot to worry about. Again, I am not trying to dig here but most leavers weren't overly interested in rallying, and it is highly unlikely that leavers are going to risk jail time for violent protests. You will get a small number who will go down the violent route but they will be quickly dealt with.

Again a totally naive view imho.

What you fail to understand is that there is no purpose to Leavers rallying. We had the referendum, Leave won, they don't need to do anything further. Remainers have protested because they are undemocratic teenagers having tantrums who can't accept the system of democracy that exists in the country they live in. They have just made a complete and disgraceful spectacle of themselves.

Leavers have simply sat back so far waiting to see the final outcome. The corrupt establishment will either come right out and tell us that BrExit will not go ahead, or they will deliver it. The very moment that they officially deny BrExit is the moment your naive views will be shattered as millions of Leavers take to the streets and everything grinds to a halt. You can expect all manner of strikes, all manner of protests and it will inevtiably spiral into civil unrest very quickly.

Your notions that any such unrest will be swiftly quashed are also naive. Just remember back to 2011 when London had, let's be honest, some pretty limited and localised rioting and unrest, the back lash of a police shooting.

For days the police essentially stood back at the ends of streets whilst the hoards smashed shop fronts, looted everything, and then set fire to numerous buildings. Just for this relatively tiny outbreak of civil unrest the police had to draft in officers from all over the country. I know this because I have family in the forces.

If you then scale this type of unrest up so that it is happening in every major UK city, London, Manchester, Brimingham, Sheffield, Nottingham, Oxford, Cambridge, Leeds etc etc then I'm afraid you are going to find that the police can not cope. You are going to see cities completely trashed, you are going to see huge outrage to establishment buildings like Oxford/Cambridge Universities and banks imho. Imagine the heritage that will be lost in the process.

And all this because an elite establishment and an utterly foolish and undemocratic Remainer base will not accept the result of a simple referendum !

Is it really worth it? Really?? !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top