Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 10:32 PM

How to make money at the UK's expense - short selling.

1) Set up BoJo to deliver a no deal on Oct 31st but let everyone think there will be a deal.

2) Exchange billions of pounds into a foreign currency like dollars at today's price

3) Arrange and agree to sell billions of pounds on Nov 2nd at just a little less than today's price

4) UK crash out on Oct 31st. The money markets can't believe we could be that stupid knowing we need to trade with the EU every day and the pound crashes by about 20%

5) Now you can buy those pounds on Nov 1st at a knock down price

6) Sell them as agreed on Nov 2nd.

7) You just made nearly 20% profit. Go and celebrate with the other ERG guys.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 05:23 AM

Re: How to make money at the UK's expense - short selling.

Hi

Nothing to do with Brexit at all.

This is the day to day activity of the money markets.

Much more more will have been made on short selling on the Chinese/USA Trade War.

We owe vast amounts of money as our National Debt, to Foreign Investors, many of them Sovereign State Funds.

They have no influence over Brexit, but a change in interest rates will cost us £Billions a year.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Much more more will have been made on short selling on the Chinese/USA Trade War.

We owe vast amounts of money as our National Debt, to Foreign Investors, many of them Sovereign State Funds.

They have no influence over Brexit, but a change in interest rates will cost us £Billions a year.
You cannot be that naive

The US China trade war is generally unpredictable as most of it it on the whim of a rogue president.

I’ll give you that people close to the president might well be profiteering from it

Those in the UK seeking to profit from shorting the pound do not care about the impact on interest rates and the UK economy as they will have made their fortunes

Even Hammond has said as much. You might not like his politics but he’s no fool

Your oft repeated dislike of a few EU officials is no reason to crash and burn the UK and federalism is just a pipe dream of a few that will never come into being without the consent of the UK and the Lisbon Treaty does not give that consent in the area where it matters
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You cannot be that naive

The US China trade war is generally unpredictable as most of it it on the whim of a rogue president.

I’ll give you that people close to the president might well be profiteering from it

Those in the UK seeking to profit from shorting the pound do not care about the impact on interest rates and the UK economy as they will have made their fortunes

Your oft repeated dislike of a few EU officials is no reason to crash and burn the UK and federalism is just a pipe dream of a few that will never come into being without the consent of the UK and the Lisbon Treaty does not give that consent in the area where it matters
Hi

You are correct, I am not that naive.

I know how the system works and it does not work for the UK.

I have seen time and time again how our Politicians, from all sides, are not bothered about us and sell us down the river.

Fisheries are the best example, the only EU Country not to count it's inshore fleet.

The other EU Countries put the 3 year block on immigrants from the newly enlarged EU.

We did not.

Even Blair has now admitted that that was a huge mistake.

I am totally opposed to No Deal, but out we go.

I will not be dictated to and the Treaties are no guarantee at all, we can be outvoted to a majority decision.

That is the way the EU is going.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:46 AM

Lots of conspiracy theory in here today.

I blame the illuminate
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Hi

It is everything to do with Brexit. Look at the Brexit cheerleaders:- Billionaire newspaper owners like Viscount Lord Rothermere who have been whipping up anti EU rhetoric for decades and who's newspaper the Daily Mail supported Hitler's blackshirts before WW2, Eton school toffs like Boris De Pfeffel Johnston and Jacob Rees Mogg, Russian backers like Aaron Banks who bankroll Nigel Farage. Corruption everywhere.

Where is Nigel's plan for if we do crash out without a deal? There is none at least not for us plebs. The next step will be a lucrative deal with USA except that it will lucrative for Nigel Farage and pretty shitty for the UK.

Wake up Britain.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Hi

You are correct, I am not that naive.

I know how the system works and it does not work for the UK.

I have seen time and time again how our Politicians, from all sides, are not bothered about us and sell us down the river.

Fisheries are the best example, the only EU Country not to count it's inshore fleet.

The other EU Countries put the 3 year block on immigrants from the newly enlarged EU.

We did not.

Even Blair has now admitted that that was a huge mistake.

I am totally opposed to No Deal, but out we go.

I will not be dictated to and the Treaties are no guarantee at all, we can be outvoted to a majority decision.

That is the way the EU is going.
Our fishing fleet was already decimated 40 years ago through our own stupidity

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.y...-1-7636401/amp

As for our inshore fisherman it seems that our governments have failed to support them

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...-uk-government
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You cannot be that naive

If anyone makes a profit from shortselling then it is the rules around shortselling that need tightening up.

Nothing to do with Brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
If anyone makes a profit from shortselling then it is the rules around shortselling that need tightening up.

Nothing to do with Brexit.
Would shortselling ever have entered into the equation if britain had been using the euro?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 09:57 PM

Funny how the remainers aren't up in arms about George Soros short selling the pound on black Wednesday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top