Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Re: Anarchists or activists?

Phil Kingston, 83,

HaHa ... hope I die before I get old ... ♫
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 09:30 PM

Phil Kingston, 83, retired GP..... lsn’t he the one that glued himself to a train?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 07:42 AM

keyboard warrior ... is a safer option
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 01:46 PM

I support both their aims and their methods. Right now the majority of people just won't face the proven facts.

Probably because they don't or can't understand what is taking place in OUR environment and what can and must be done.

So no, not anarchists, just activists and they certainly are needed.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I support both their aims and their methods. Right now the majority of people just won't face the proven facts.

Probably because they don't or can't understand what is taking place in OUR environment and what can and must be done.

And you and rent-a-mob are actually going to achieve what?
Turn back time to a pre Industrial Age? ..but you do make me chuckle, I have a liking for arm chair warriors
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And you and rent-a-mob are actually going to achieve what?
Turn back time to a pre Industrial Age? ..but you do make me chuckle, I have a liking for arm chair warriors
Well I did my bit back in the day when I wasn't just an armchair warrior.

But what will the activists achieve? At this stage raise public awareness but also encourage young people to question what is behind the activism. What was done previously is now hitting the streets, literally in the form of electric vehicles. Same with aerosol propellants. No longer fluorocarbons but now much less damaging gasses. Then plastics.

My hope is that agrochemicals will soon come under attack as well as GMO's of all types and the shockingly damaging cultivation practices associated with them.

So not reverting to the pre-industrial age, instead reverting back to the far less damaging goods, services, and practices of the pre-exploiting age.

Will it result in a change in lifestyle? Obviously to some degree but what is taking place today is unsustainable so it is going to have to happen one way or another.

We've already built far too much of a number of debts to pass on to future generations in order to enjoy the lifestyle that they can never have but must pay for.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 03:45 PM

Public awareness? Hell yes, the mess they make, after they leave the area they have just finished terrorising.....activists come and go... headlines today and in our day...chip paper tomorrow..I give you for example those crusties taking on the Japanese whaling fleet...for how many years? Achieved what? Nothing!
Eco warriors (sic) tying themselves to trees in protest about something..headlines for a bit then nothing, they grow up and get a mortgage.
It’s a rite of passage mate, if it’s not global warming it’s something else..Greta will grow up, buy a car, make her own bread, use energy, breed kids and join a gym

NOTHING will change...you are an inconvenience nothing more.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

So you support the desecration of beautiful historic buildings in the name of the cause?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 04:00 PM

The way the hose went apeshit, was quite wonderful! What a load of tossers! Certainly no need to apply to join The Fire Service, as training would be pointless. By the way, are the Firemen missing one of their machines!??
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So you support the desecration of beautiful historic buildings in the name of the cause?
If that's what it takes to wake people up - yes.

I could present the counter argument, is it better to see increased awareness of the terrible damage to our environment, indeed the whole biosphere, than a bit of mess on a building?

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top