Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 04:29 AM

Re: If l Told You, You Talked A Load Of Rubbish, Would You Be Upset?

As keezoy said,it all depends who said it.
If someone like Trump or one of his dumb acolytes said it,I wouldn't be upset at all.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
No,because the mental convolutions required to consider imponderables designates a situational deficiency regarding cerebral armourment. [see?]
Say what?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Too dumb to give a @@#$?..Me too.
BTW...off topic but..what guitars do you have?..I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours: via PM I guess.
What guitars doesn’t he have? His home looks like a music studio.

Hey Pugsy Bear.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:16 AM

If Art says I’m taking rubbish I probably am !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Honest answer?...I guess I would be just a little miffed if somebody said that to me in that way. Well it has been..by somebody here. I think most of us would be if we are going to be honest. The level of "miffdness" would depend on who said it. If it was somebody I like and respect I would be more miffed than if it was somebody who's opinion I don't think much of. It's a very complicated question that can't be answered in a few words. Not by me leastways. One thing I said in another thread though. There are few things I hate more than bad manners. Even if I disagree strongly with somebody I never use words like "Bollocks", "Crap" and "Rubbish"..I just think that's bad manners and disrespectful whatever the issue. What's more it is an aggressive and deliberate attack on your dignity. Totally unnecessary. I think unprovoked responses like that say more about the person issuing them than their target. Call me precious. I've been called a lot worse but you asked and that's what I think. I can handle being told I am wrong with every word I say. Just disagree with me the way you want to be disagreed with. Not much to ask.
I agree even though I do use the words crap ( baldocks ) and rubbish .
It’s not so much an attack as sheer exasperation when people take a load of cobblers !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well... would you?
Probably like most people, yes I would feel a little 'put down'. Being a person who does not take immediate offence and react though, that would be followed by the comment "that is in your opinion, in what way do you mean that?" However, if the situation was rather more confrontational, or could become like that, I would probably not react and just ignore it, leaving the other person with their 'put down'.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Spitty, I have actually but you’d just say, it was a load of rubbish!
Evidence?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:46 AM

I often tell my OH he talks a load of rubbish, which he does, especially when he is on the phone to his friend, they both talk rubbish.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:52 AM

Depends if I'd had a few gins it's probably true
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 09:19 AM

If they would there must be a load of upset people on this forum. Members are always telling each other they talk a load of bull especially in the Brexit thread. Mind you they are a thick skinned coz they still come back and talk a load more
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
If they would there must be a load of upset people on this forum. Members are always telling each other they talk a load of bull especially in the Brexit thread. Mind you they are a thick skinned coz they still come back and talk a load more
Fair enough - to everybody here btw - But there's ways and ways of telling people they are talking a load of schnicklegroob. I always strive to get my idea across with no bad language, low shots, colloquial terms for "excreta" or anything else. I just try to put an alternative point of view, give examples of why I'm right and generally offer a robust argument that leaves the other person's dignity intact. I think you have the best way of getting your argument across and most importantly listened to and considered this way. JUst telling somebody they are "rubbish" will probably just make you an enemy.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top