Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Tusks twitter rant??

Donald Tusk today let go a short twitter outburst towards Boris
today, stating and l quote, ' this is not some stupid blame game we
are engaged in, lt is a process in which the existence of Europe,
and uk too wil be determined by decisions made, which could
affect the security and well being of all our populations for years to
come' unquote?
All l can say is, its a little late for EU to come to this realisation?
What do you think?
By the way my quote is from memory! in case any pedantic nit
picker remainer trys to hang me for a missing semi- colan etc???
Maybe this outburst is an indication of EUs growing awareness
of teality??
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Re: Tusks twitter rant??

Typical communist
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:26 PM

It sounds like Tusk knows this is the end, but too arrogant to do anything about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:43 PM

If it wasn't for idiots like tusk and Drunker, perhaps we wouldn't be leaving. As for the rant, I think reality is finally kicking in.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If it wasn't for idiots like tusk and Drunker, perhaps we wouldn't be leaving. As for the rant, I think reality is finally kicking in.
That is the logical explanation. Why else would tusk remind boris of something boris surely knows?
Ever watched the movie Quo Vadis, or read the book it's based upon?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:22 PM

quote, ' this is not some stupid blame game we
come' unquote?

Aren't the EU playing the blame game too? Blaming Britain for wanting to leave the EU and accusing us of being stupid for doing so?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
quote, ' this is not some stupid blame game we
come' unquote?

Aren't the EU playing the blame game too? Blaming Britain for wanting to leave the EU and accusing us of being stupid for doing so?

They took a non negotiating position which has lead them to a complete catastrophe for the 27.

Now they are saying it's not their fault

Typical of failing economies ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Nope, the EU is available 24/7 for sensible talks. But you have to offer a solution to the irish issue that is equivalent to the backstop. Boris is at last coming to the realisation that there might be no solution. In other words, he is stuck.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Tusk was rather brief. This afternoon boris received Sassoli, the new european parliament's president. A long read, and nothing new.
"Nothing new" is also sassoli's conclusion on boris' proposals.

I have just had a meeting with Prime Minister Johnson. I came here in the confident hope of hearing proposals that could take negotiations forward. However, I must note that there has been no progress.

As you know, a deal between the EU and UK requires not only a positive meaningful vote of the House of Commons, but also the European Parliament’s approval.

It is therefore important that the UK prime minister hears directly from the European parliament on its approach to*Brexit. I am grateful to Mr Johnson for giving me that opportunity.

Our approach is very straightforward. We think an orderly Brexit, the UK leaving with a deal, is by far the best outcome. The deal that we thought had been agreed with the UK last year was a text the EP could have supported. It resolved all the issues associated with the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. It provided certainty for citizens and businesses. It looked forward to a close future EU-UK relationship. As things stand, it remains the best possible agreement.

As I explained to Mr Johnson, the parliament will not agree to a deal at any price. We will not agree to a deal that undermines the Good Friday agreement and the peace process or compromise the integrity of our single market. This we made plain in our resolution adopted with a huge majority in September.

We have examined the UK proposals to replace the original backstop and our response is that these are a long way from something to which the parliament could agree. In addition, they are not immediately operable.

Negotiations, I know, are continuing and the parliament, through its Brexit steering group, is being kept fully informed by Michel Barnier of the progress on those talks.

There are two alternatives to a deal at this juncture: extension or no deal.

On an extension, the parliament is open to this possibility, should there be a good reason or purpose for this. But requesting an extension is a matter for the UK and it is not my place to comment on the political controversies or legal issues that are being debated in the United Kingdom.

As far as no deal is concerned, we are very clear that this would be a very negative outcome. It will be economically damaging to both parties, in particular to the UK. It will have very serious consequences on the island of*Ireland. It will increase uncertainty for business and above all for citizens. “No deal” would clearly be the responsibility of the UK government.

On citizens, we will continue to ensure that in all scenarios their rights are protected.

I do hope a no-deal outcome can be avoided, but if not, the EU has taken the necessary measures to prepare for this outcome.

I continue to place my faith in good sense and responsibility but among friends, duty demands that we tell each other the truth.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Nope, the EU is available 24/7 for sensible talks. But you have to offer a solution to the irish issue that is equivalent to the backstop. Boris is at last coming to the realisation that there might be no solution. In other words, he is stuck.
You are doing what the EU are trying to do........Making it about Boris.

Boris represents the British people and the EU has forgotten that .

It's why they will be to blame!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top