Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:08 PM

The Mobile Phone Companies are Leaving ... !

Oh no ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-vo...-idUKKBN1WN18K
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Re: The Mobile Phone Companies are Leaving ... !

You will find that Vodafone has done this deliberately, as did O2, CarphoneWarehouse and all the others. They make sure that many of the good phone deals are available online only and not in-store therefore intentionally pushing customer to their online store. I am with EE and they did it also. Was after a specific deal and found it was only available online. Went into my local EE shop, said i had seen the phone i wanted online and thus could i order via the shop and have it delivered to the shop. The manager said no, only for the ordering part, i could get it 'local pickup' if i wanted to but i would still have to do it online. He said that their systems in the shop were different to that of online and thus could only offer what was in the shop.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:37 PM

I have dealt with Vodaphone in the past

I have no intention of dealing with them again
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh no ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-vo...-idUKKBN1WN18K
Oh yeah.

From the linked article:

Although Britain is Vodafone’s home market, it is not in the vanguard of Read’s plan to create a “gigabit” company centred on 5G mobile, ultrafast cable and fibre broadband, and a European pay-TV platform second only to Comcast’s Sky in customer numbers.

Germany will be the engine of growth, Read said, with growth driven by the acquisition of Unitymedia, the largest cable network in the $22 billion (18 billion pounds) deal to buy Liberty Global assets, which was completed in July.

“I definitely think (Germany’s) the heart of the company, because it’s 40% of the free cash flow,” he said. “Now we have a fantastic asset position in that marketplace.”
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oh yeah.

From the linked article:

Although Britain is Vodafone’s home market, it is not in the vanguard of Read’s plan to create a “gigabit” company centred on 5G mobile, ultrafast cable and fibre broadband, and a European pay-TV platform second only to Comcast’s Sky in customer numbers.

Germany will be the engine of growth, Read said, with growth driven by the acquisition of Unitymedia, the largest cable network in the $22 billion (18 billion pounds) deal to buy Liberty Global assets, which was completed in July.

“I definitely think (Germany’s) the heart of the company, because it’s 40% of the free cash flow,” he said. “Now we have a fantastic asset position in that marketplace.”
No jobs for you

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top