Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Re: Would you remove your life savings and keep it in your mattress?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Deleted, due to deleted post from Art
Sheepel!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sheepel!
My post required the context of quoting your post.

Honestly, my reply held the secret to life, the universe and everything. It even held a perfect solution to the eternal question of existence itself - ie Brexit.

Here it is:
deleted
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:05 AM

I am a married bloke , I don’t have money
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:36 AM

If I stashed my savings around my house instead of in savings/investment accounts then I would be losing "umpteen thousands of pounds" in interest .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Sue purse is safer than Fort Knox. last time it was opened ancient Egyptian moths flew out
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am a married bloke , I don’t have money
same here
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Good on ere init.....
I'm so missing Dex's explanation of Life and the universe......I suppose I'm just going to struggle on in the dark......

Seriously though.......
This is something I've been considering for a while now Floydy.
I hate the fact that some government geyser knows more about my financial situation than I do. I also hate the fact that some pimpley faced young spunk is sat in his bedroom thinking of ways to hack into my computer and nick my brass.
And I hade standing outside Tesco in the rain and cold to get a few bob out of the machine when there is only one machine working and the queue stretches halfway down the M18....

The Gov, god bless em' don't want you to have cash anymore, that's why they have produced those unmanageable plastic notes and made it so easy to pay your bills on the internet without ever seeing your account...Pension or wages goes in, and the energy/telecomms/water/motor tax....etc, gets spirited out like magic...Harry Potter would be proud.....

What could be easier than going into a shop, buying something and handing over coin of the realm? Job done......Or Instead to produce a plastic card, tap or finger the keypad which then sets in motion a chain reaction of several computers, removes some imaginary money from your account and calculates the balance that you will probably never see until the letter arrives in the post telling you they've just charged you thirty quid because you're overdrawn....In the old days I was overdrawn when the inside of my pocket dangled on the outside...empty....

So I'm thinking what can I do....Draw all of money out and keep it at home....
But we have already covered some of the pitfalls already...And one big question?????
What happens when the electronic world fails? As it has done in some cases.
Even paper money could be devalued and one pound is suddenly only worth one penny? He who controls the money, controls you and the country, forget Boris...

What good is your stash of plastic notes under the floorboards then? The only way to ensure your money keeps, or gains in value is to keep it in gold.....
But it's early and my head hurts now....... so perhaps someone could take up the baton and explain further....What am I going to do with all this gold....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sue purse is safer than Fort Knox. last time it was opened ancient Egyptian moths flew out
On the very rare occasion that Mrs Fox opens her purse the queen has to shield her eyes from the light....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What good is your stash of plastic notes under the floorboards then? The only way to ensure your money keeps, or gains in value is to keep it in gold.....
But it's early and my head hurts now....... so perhaps someone could take up the baton and explain further....What am I going to do with all this gold....
Hand it over to Gordon Brown. He'll get a good price for it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good on ere init.....
I'm so missing Dex's explanation of Life and the universe......I suppose I'm just going to struggle on in the dark......

Seriously though.......
This is something I've been considering for a while now Floydy.
I hate the fact that some government geyser knows more about my financial situation than I do. I also hate the fact that some pimpley faced young spunk is sat in his bedroom thinking of ways to hack into my computer and nick my brass.
And I hade standing outside Tesco in the rain and cold to get a few bob out of the machine when there is only one machine working and the queue stretches halfway down the M18....

The Gov, god bless em' don't want you to have cash anymore, that's why they have produced those unmanageable plastic notes and made it so easy to pay your bills on the internet without ever seeing your account...Pension or wages goes in, and the energy/telecomms/water/motor tax....etc, gets spirited out like magic...Harry Potter would be proud.....

What could be easier than going into a shop, buying something and handing over coin of the realm? Job done......Or Instead to produce a plastic card, tap or finger the keypad which then sets in motion a chain reaction of several computers, removes some imaginary money from your account and calculates the balance that you will probably never see until the letter arrives in the post telling you they've just charged you thirty quid because you're overdrawn....In the old days I was overdrawn when the inside of my pocket dangled on the outside...empty....

So I'm thinking what can I do....Draw all of money out and keep it at home....
But we have already covered some of the pitfalls already...And one big question?????
What happens when the electronic world fails? As it has done in some cases.
Even paper money could be devalued and one pound is suddenly only worth one penny? He who controls the money, controls you and the country, forget Boris...

Foxy, l never understand all this queuing in the cold and rain, when you could buy one item in the store and get cashback.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top