Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: Are you a tea totaller?

No. I've never been a heavy drinker and I certainly don't drink alcohol every day. I am a diabetic so I have to keep it very moderate. But I do love American whiskeys. Tennessee and Kentucky Bourbons and sour mashes in particular. I'll have a couple of those a week. If not a red wine or two or a beer when it's hot. That's it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:52 PM

I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner & a vodka/tonic before bed.

Much more if I go out for the evening.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 01:58 PM

I don't drink any alcohol whatsoever ,havn't since the mid 70's when I was knocked off my feet for weeks by hepatitis ( not the very serious one)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 02:16 PM

The only alcohol I drink is a glass or two of Bailey’s over the Christmas period, nothing for the rest of the year. I don’t like the taste of anything else ...... and I hate the smell of beer!
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Coffee for me thanks fell out with drink yrs ago
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 02:47 PM

I don't think about it much. Alcohol isn't really part of my lifestyle, though I will have a glass of wine or champagne once in a blue moon.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Never had a drink in my life and a 85 probably won't start now. Came from a family where the use of alcohol was frowned upon by people who I really respected.

Guess I'll finish out my days with coffee!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
lightweight
So am I .
Not really a drinker but do on occasion.
It’s a depressant and I have a depressive disorder
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

10-10-2019, 03:29 PM

If one is a teetotaller does one become a tea totaller . . .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 03:34 PM

Yes, totally teetotal and have been since a 17-year-old, mainly due to starting riding motorcycles and all concentration is required so as not to fall off them or have an accident. Being completely teetotal continued to when I started driving cars, I enjoy driving so much that drinking is and always was taboo.

I do not believe in drinking any alcohol at all if driving so that's how it's been for more than half a century now. Another reason is that I just could not live with my conscience if I had a drink and was involved in an accident. The last time I knew the cost of beer it was 1s/9d for one of those small bottles of beer (one-third of a pint?). Goodness only knows what the cost of a pint is nowadays? That of course though means my bank balance is intact as well as my conscience!

Oh and I don't drink tea either, only coffee, in answer to the OP if that was not a typo!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top