Join for free
Page 73 of 79 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:29 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't really do much with it, and I have no idea how the whole thing works in general. I get almost daily notifications of friend suggestions, and they are invariable asians. The most recent two are Khairul Islam and Prem Gupta. They may well make admirable friends, but I suspect we would have little in common. Does anyone else experience this.

I'm very much hoping The Todger does.
I regularly chat to my relatives and friends. It's a way of keeping in touch especially with distant family members.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Nah. I've kept well clear of farce book right from the get-go.
I thought that would be the case, Todger. Well now you've got an extra reason to keep clear of it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I only keep fb going since I'm a member of a group with a single purpose issue. Once it's been resolved, I'll close my account.

Not really sure what criteria it uses for friend suggestions. Maybe there's a setting to stop it, but I've not looked too hard to find it.
So I assume you don't get friend notifications, Dex.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:40 PM

I use FB for social chat, keep up with local affairs, sometimes for technical advice but mainly to display my photos for either comment or publicity. I have had a good share of friend requests and I tend to spend a little time to try and ascertain who they are and their activities before accepting. Sometimes I may unfriend them if given cause and occasionally I totally block them given provocation. I have a low tolerance for rudeness and won't hesitate getting rid of anyone who tries it on with me.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

18-06-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I regularly chat to my relatives and friends. It's a way of keeping in touch especially with distant family members.
But do you get inundated with asian friend notifications?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:43 PM

So I assume you don't get friend notifications, Dex.
Not by emails, but when i log on i get a load of suggestions.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I use FB for social chat, keep up with local affairs, sometimes for technical advice but mainly to display my photos for either comment or publicity. I have had a good share of friend requests and I tend to spend a little time to try and ascertain who they are and their activities before accepting. Sometimes I may unfriend them if given cause and occasionally I totally block them given provocation. I have a low tolerance for rudeness and won't hesitate getting rid of anyone who tries it on with me.
I had it once for keeping in touch with my daughter. I spent more time fielding off strange friend requests, and people I "might know" than talking with her, so I came off it. I can see your purpose for local affairs and photos, but its not for me.

I also discovered its REALLY hard to permanently delete your account too
Harbal
South Yorkshire

18-06-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not by emails, but when i log on i get a load of suggestions.
Are any of them for asian friends?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:51 PM

Are any of them for asian friends?
A high proportion of them
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:53 PM

I joined up about 10 years ago ... under a false name, frowned upon, or it was.

... just a tiny group from another site, keeping in touch. We drifted apart.

I haven't tried it in years. Never understood it. Never worked out how to do anything beyond this tiny group. But I must say, that's jolly useful, a fab resource for a residence association or something like that.

Page 73 of 79 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top