Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Amusing Inventions.

It's amazing what you can find on the internet, I came across some inventions that never made it but you have to give them credit for trying, I haven't a clue what some of them are for, the ones I know I'll let you know, but I would love to hear you guesses and remarks.

Anyone know what this contraption is for? I don't but I'll try a guess.
It's 1932 and you are looking at the very first electric toothbrush, when the Ladies teeth are cleaned he oils her jaws for free, this never took off because the husbands complained about the wives never shutting up after a sitting.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Re: Amusing Inventions.

Maybe the first inhaler for asmatics?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 06:14 PM

That could well be what it's for Janela.
This one is an amphibious bicycle, I kid you not, invented in the 1930's, I must say he looks very proud of his creation, hail king of the flying saucers!, wonder why it never became popular?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

22-11-2012, 03:07 PM

This armoured pram was invented in London in 1938 in preparation for war, maybe the shortage of metal prevented it going into production?, it also doubles as a portable barbeque.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It's amazing what you can find on the internet, I came across some inventions that never made it but you have to give them credit for trying, I haven't a clue what some of them are for, the ones I know I'll let you know, but I would love to hear you guesses and remarks.

Anyone know what this contraption is for? I don't but I'll try a guess.
It's 1932 and you are looking at the very first electric toothbrush, when the Ladies teeth are cleaned he oils her jaws for free, this never took off because the husbands complained about the wives never shutting up after a sitting.
I think the lady has been making her Christmas pudding and has been a little heavy handed with the alcohol ....... her husband is using a breathalyser to make sure she is safe to use the toasting fork on the open fire.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That could well be what it's for Janela.
This one is an amphibious bicycle, I kid you not, invented in the 1930's, I must say he looks very proud of his creation, hail king of the flying saucers!, wonder why it never became popular?
Isn't that a one-man band on wheels?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm loving these Jimmy. Hope you have more.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

22-11-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Isn't that a one-man band on wheels?
Good on you Mags. Maybe he caught all the U.F.O.'s and is off the the ministry of defense to collect a reward.
I have about 10 more of them and I'll stick another one up tomorrow, as I said I have no information on some of them and very little on others but what I have I'll fill you in on, I do love to hear what you think they are for.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

23-11-2012, 12:18 PM

I haven't a clue about this one and I'd love to hear what you think it is.
It's a very effective lie detector machine, no print out is needed, the operator simply says "If you don't tell me the truth I turn on the gas."
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:33 PM

No doubt people in the immediate future will be laughing at us?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top