Join for free
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 01:32 PM

Any apple iPad users in here ?

I have 2 as well as a desktop PC.
Thing is something happened on the iPad Air which isn’t happening on the iPad mini.
The latter ,after I’ve put my password in , shows the internet icon .top right hand corner and I can go ahead .
Not so the other one . I have to go into Settings (where it says (Wi-fi not connected )and select my own . Only then will it connect and show the icon .
This looks ridiculous when I put them side by side because according to the mini I certainly am connected .
Ideas anyone ?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Re: Any apple iPad users in here ?

Problem solved , I think . Actually got through to Apple Customer Services who guided me through Resetting Network Services .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Problem solved , I think . Actually got through to Apple Customer Services who guided me through Resetting Network Services .
I was about to reply when this post made itself obvious. Good that you have solved the problem though. Out of curiosity, and with me not knowing iPads but do know Macs, I was going to suggest that the iPad Air is the newer iPad and that you had not yet input into the Settings the information required for it to automatically find the router (router ID plus password). That would already exist in the iPad mini assuming that was your older iPad. I had to do the same thing when I bought a new MacBook Pro and also when I changed ISP so had a new router.

Would my guess have been correct I wonder and have you sorted out the Dark Mode? I recall you queried this previously, you wanted to know about it before spending out on a new iPad?
Zuleika
North West UK

08-03-2021, 09:30 PM

Hi Baz .last question first ,no I haven’ t .Its a lot of money to spend just to be able to get dark mode .I only have the mini because it’s lighter to handle and wouldn’t use a lot of the features on the new model anyway .

No the iPad Air isn’t the newer model.Just updated software ,iOS 14.4 and I can select dark mode on it.

The mini softwear version’s iOS 12.5.1 .no such choice .
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 10:03 PM

Hi Baz, last question first, no I haven’t. It's a lot of money to spend just to be able to get dark mode. I only have the mini because it’s lighter to handle and wouldn’t use a lot of the features on the new model anyway.

No the iPad Air isn’t the newer model .Just updated software, iOS 14.4 and I can select dark mode on it.

The mini software version’s iOS 12.5.1, no such choice.
I see, thanks for the reply. At least you sorted the problem so that's a big help, Apple Customer Service is reputed to be good. My only connection to iPads is that close family use them, in fact I asked them about 'Dark Mode' before and they hadn't even heard of it.

I believe I mentioned before that I didn't realise how many models of the iPad there were. Despite that though I think it's best that I keep to the Macs, it's not that I couldn't learn about iPads, it's just that the enthusiasm to keep learning does kind of wane at times!
Zuleika
North West UK

08-03-2021, 11:56 PM

For your family ,if they want to find dark .
In Settings tap Display &Brightness .
The choice then comes up , Light or Dark .
Baz46

09-03-2021, 12:15 AM

For your family, if they want to find dark.
In Settings tap Display &Brightness.
The choice then comes up , Light or Dark.
Thanks Zuleika, I will pass that on. Although they might even know it without realising
as it's on iPhones I believe, only it's called 'Night Shift', same procedure though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top