Join for free
Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Re: Brexiteer or Remainer? Give us your reasons!

Originally Posted by fender ->
And the left / moderates don't try to force their views?
Get real...
Nope, most don't bother as they get ridiculed.
Some don't bother posting at all anymore.
Folk looking in will be put off joining unless they have right wing views or very robust natures.

Everyone has a right to read threads and everyone should feel they can voice their opinions. Most remainers have given up trying to justify themselves on here.

What does that tell you about the way the country's going.

You talk about democracy! Sheesh!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Nope, most don't bother as they get ridiculed.
Some don't bother posting at all anymore.
Folk looking in will be put off joining unless they have right wing views or very robust natures.

Everyone has a right to read threads and everyone should feel they can voice their opinions. Most remainers have given up trying to justify themselves on here.

What does that tell you about the way the country's going.

You talk about democracy! Sheesh!
Neither side will change their minds Tess, so it leads to a bit of conflict of opinions. Maybe some should just grow thicker skins and not let it bother them?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 07:57 PM

Neither side will change their minds Tess, so it leads to a bit of conflict of opinions. Maybe some should just grow thicker skins and not let it bother them?
I am not in a position to weather any sort of financial hardship caused by Brexit, deal or no deal. Quite frankly it terrifies me, the gung ho attitude of Brexiteers is not helping.
I wish some folk would think before they use name-calling and ridicule, it's most upsetting.
I have views, I also have worries that I feel like are not being considered.
Perhaps a little reassurance from folk who are so confident in the future of our country could sometimes take time to think.
We don't all have the understandings of politics or trade etc. We are seeing this situation as a blind leap into the unknown.

Please stop seeing us as losers, nobody seems to be winning.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I am not in a position to weather any sort of financial hardship caused by Brexit, deal or no deal. Quite frankly it terrifies me, the gung ho attitude of Brexiteers is not helping.
I wish some folk would think before they use name-calling and ridicule, it's most upsetting.
I have views, I also have worries that I feel like are not being considered.
Perhaps a little reassurance from folk who are so confident in the future of our country could sometimes take time to think.
We don't all have the understandings of politics or trade etc. We are seeing this situation as a blind leap into the unknown.

Please stop seeing us as losers, nobody seems to be winning.
Some valid points Tess. However, the truth is we can rant and rave all we like on here with our views, but it's not going to change anything those above do.

Anyway, you're a nice lady and I'd rather not argue / fall out with you.
Truth be known, same goes for May.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:02 PM

Clearly you all stayed young at heart, fighting like little boys and girls. Somehow it is endearing, to think most have grey hairs and wrinkles.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

14-08-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Clearly you all stayed young at heart, fighting like little boys and girls. Somehow it is endearing, to think most have grey hairs and wrinkles.
Don't assume you know people when you clearly don't.
Anyway, don't you think there's been enough aggro on this thread for one night? We could do without your sarcasm.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Some valid points Tess. However, the truth is we can rant and rave all we like on here with our views, but it's not going to change anything those above do.

Anyway, you're a nice lady and I'd rather not argue / fall out with you.
Truth be known, same goes for May.
The sound of the sixties ringing through. You yourself seem a decent bloke.
I've asked it before on this forum, and tessa brings it up again. Are yiiu yourself preparing for brexit, can one prepare or is it a waiting game and hope for the best?
I am quite prepared to believe that the UK can weather a period of hardship, and after some time things will get better. But I wonder what it will do at a more personal level. There al ready is hardship, and will those suffering get an even harder kick thru brexit. Are YOU afraid for yourself, family, loved ones.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I'll have My say whether You and Your fellow moaners like it or not...so suck it up hee haw!
I did not try to insult you May, why try to call me names?
You are sounding like itsme now!
Any way no matter, l can take it!
Try not to get emotionally involved in what are supposed to
be rational debates!
You are determined to have your say, thats ok have your say
as l have mine, l dont belittle you or abuse you, try to
return the compliment?

Regards Donkeyman!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I did not try to insult you May, why try to call me names?
You are sounding like itsme now!
Any way no matter, l can take it!
Try not to get emotionally involved in what are supposed to
be rational debates!
You are determined to have your say, thats ok have your say
as l have mine, l dont belittle you or abuse you, try to
return the compliment?

Regards Donkeyman!
So don't talk down to Me Mr Donkeyman by telling Me to 'do something else'....I could give You the same advice!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

14-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The sound of the sixties ringing through. You yourself seem a decent bloke.
I've asked it before on this forum, and tessa brings it up again. Are yiiu yourself preparing for brexit, can one prepare or is it a waiting game and hope for the best?
I am quite prepared to believe that the UK can weather a period of hardship, and after some time things will get better. But I wonder what it will do at a more personal level. There al ready is hardship, and will those suffering get an even harder kick thru brexit. Are YOU afraid for yourself, family, loved ones.
You're a decent bloke as well imo. Some of us simply have differing opinions on a difficult situation.
No, I'm not sure what will happen - pretty much is play a waiting game and hope for the best. I still work, so if all goes pear shaped, then yes I could be affected.
However, I'm prepared to look forward and take a chance.

Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top