Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Pound Goes Up and other events

Notice how when the prospect of no deal goes down the pound goes up. It kind off tells you what the smart money thinks of Brexit.

Just another day of Bojo the clown or should I call him "dead in a ditch"? This time he gives up on his House of Lords delay, his own brother abandons him and he messes up his speech in front of those cringing police.

I'm pretty confident Oct 31 will come and go and we will be given another extension.

Going forward for Boris I think his position is untenable. He is still saying he wants a deal but if my reading of the true Brexiteer is correct, they actively want a no deal and probably want someone who says so from the start.
If BoJo did that another half of his MPs and potential voters would defect.

So Teresa May Failed. BoJo failed or failing. That leaves Brexit golden boy Nigel Farage. Now when he fails can we just move on?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 07:10 PM

Re: Pound Goes Up and other events

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Notice how when the prospect of no deal goes down the pound goes up. It kind off tells you what the smart money thinks of Brexit.

So Teresa May Failed. BoJo failed or failing. That leaves Brexit golden boy Nigel Farage. Now when he fails can we just move on?
Why should farage fail? The man lives for just one thing, take the UK out of the EU. You think parliament can stop that much combusted power?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Just another day of Bojo the clown or should I call him "dead in a ditch"? This time he gives up on his House of Lords delay, his own brother abandons him and he messes up his speech in front of those cringing police.

I'm pretty confident Oct 31 will come and go and we will be given another extension.

Going forward for Boris I think his position is untenable. He is still saying he wants a deal but if my reading of the true Brexiteer is correct, they actively want a no deal and probably want someone who says so from the start.

You wish! He's immovable.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 07:39 PM

If we do fail R1, it will only be because of remainers
undermining every move we make towards leaving! Not thro
Eu actions but by the people who claim to be British!
In earlier times they would be incarcerated and disposed of
as traitors! unfortunately most of them are in high positions
and have vested interests to protect!
Whereas we are the great unwashed!
Without the intervention of them the so called peoples
decision would have been enacted by now!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If we do fail R1, it will only be because of remainers
undermining every move we make towards leaving! Not thro
Eu actions but by the people who claim to be British!
In earlier times they would be incarcerated and disposed of
as traitors! unfortunately most of them are in high positions
and have vested interests to protect!
Whereas we are the great unwashed!
Without the intervention of them the so called peoples
decision would have been enacted by now!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Wasn't it François-Marie Arouet*who wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.!
Or something of that purport?
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 09:44 AM

Just wondering. Do you understand what Solly is saying there Donkey?
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You wish! He's immovable.
Double tap comes to mind one to the chest one to the head
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:09 AM

After an initial dip due to the uncertainty of change the pound will soar once we get rid of the shackles of the EU ...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
After an initial dip due to the uncertainty of change the pound will soar once we get rid of the shackles of the EU ...
I believe so, Meg!

I suspect that our businessmen have now spotted that we may leave without a deal and that means that large amounts of money is being moved to safe harbours.

It'll all come back once we're out.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:00 PM

The value of currency is controlled by speculators and it's in their interest to create situations where a currency can fluctuate. Buy a currency when its value is low and then sell it back at a higher price when it recovers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top