Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:07 AM

Re: Do Hope

Its just hit or is hitting the Bahamas.

People are being moved from the lower Islands to the main Island.

Cat 5 winds of 180 miles an hour with gusts up to 240 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4En0zyxc4
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 09:24 AM

How terrible .

We are so very lucky living here . Those poor people
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:50 PM

It must be very frightening hearing the warnings of a Category 5 hurricane heading towards you.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:26 AM

Bahamas got the worst so far.
Florida is not high on my list of places to live either.
Is it ok for me to offer prayers here?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Is it ok for me to offer prayers here?
NO Its not
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

03-09-2019, 04:54 AM

Am on an American site where they have 4 people living along the west coast.

A quote of one.

I feel good about where we are. Chances are there will be electric, water and (arrgg) internet outages Wed & Thurs, but we are ready to stick it out. I have my frozen coffee in the freezer...... I have a garbage bag of ice ready for in the fridge. Bathtub all clean and ready to fill for toilette water and hands. It's the price we pay to wear shorts thru the Christmas season.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:16 AM

I hope these people have also made provision for their pets!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

04-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hope these people have also made provision for their pets!
Yes have just google (Bahamas hurricane dogs rescued)

Here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...n+dogs+rescued

Latest report 5 HUMANS died in the Bahamas hope it stays like that but am sorry to say I don't think so.

The storm stopped moving and did not move for 24 hours over the Bahamas with Cat 5 winds

Only good thing when it did start to move and hit America its force had dropped to a cat 2, still 120 mile winds with a storm surge.

And another link.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...hamas/70009243
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

06-09-2019, 06:26 PM

A report from the only news source you can trust.

Estimated death toll could be in the thousands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-Dorian.html
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:09 PM

Hi, y'all. We were a long way from it. North Carolina where the hurricane is making landfall. Friends near Willmington report that while most places are raised on pilings, everyone is stuck indoors because of the storm surge. It will subside quickly though.

My daughter and I are leaving Sat. (we have to be there on Monday anyway) to deliver pet supplies to help the shelters that are overwhelmed with displace pets ands strays.

We are seeing photos that aren't making it to the news, but Grand Bahama and Abaco are all but wiped out. I don't think there is a building that hasn't been flooded or structurally impacted. The biggest problem is that the airports were flooded or damaged, making delivery of supplies difficult, and ports are torn up. It's going to be years before it recovers which is made worse because tourism is the backbone of their economy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top