Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

I should add however, if Boris can perform a miracle and not allow an extension, and the no-deal bill is thrown out by the courts, then I will still back him in any General Election. But that GE must be held AFTER the 31st October when we all know exactly what we have been left with. Otherwise, even if it is a wasted vote in this Tory Shire stronghold, I will still be voting Brexit Party.

As for the Labour Party, LimpDems, Plaid Cwymru and the Greens The whole of the UK have seen for themselves how much these turds respect the vote that the people cherish. They have stomped on every one of them that we marked with our cross, and laughed as they did so. They are nothing but undemocratic turds who care nothing for we the people, and the result of the Referendum, unless you happened to vote Remain, Please remember this when and if these same turds come knocking on your door with a smile and a request to back their vile parties during the election.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:43 PM

What an absolute sham our so called government is.

They issued us with such a badly worded referendum that landed us in this mess in first place - then they totally ignore the wishes of the people expressed in the last referendum. HofC no longer cares a fig about the people they were elected to represent. They are too busy fiddling their already extortionate expenses and fighting among themselves to see who can make the most out of their constituents before they are found out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We must leave, anything else is a travesty.

I think no deal is absolutely stupid.

It will be a nightmare.

It is infinitely better than overturning the Referendum.

The ordinary people, me and you, voted leave.

We have to leave.

We may be little people, but we count.
it is better than
So, so far, when and if we ever leave on 31st no-deal will already be off the table, barring a miracle. Nigel has said it has to be ON the table for him to work and cooperate with Boris with tactical voting in the General Election, He has vowed that he will put candidates forward in every single constituency. That will no doubt split the leave vote and put Corbyn in by default. I hope the turds who have taken over the British Government business will be really proud of themselves. I hope every big business, banks, Finance houses, Media moguls, the SW1 Luvvies and Celebrities, all of the whole elitist turds - get everything that will be falling on them from a great height. It won't be enough! but it will be the turn of the 17.4 million plus who have had to endure the same for the past 3 years, to have our turn to snigger, sneer and lap it up as Corbyn and his pals turn them all upside down and take all their money off them. By that time, I will be so past caring, I won't give a stuff about any of them. I will never bother voting again. Good luck!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 08:00 PM

Not surprised, https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/mps-w...tion-10711853/

When they have screwed up AGAIN the poltroons take the easy option.

When the going gets tough...scary thought that those who replace them will be no different. In our lifetime who could have envisaged the diabolical perfidiousness of our elected parliamentarians.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-09-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not that simple. You need to vote tactically to ensure a combined Tory/BP Leave government.

They can always revisit the Bill's that have been voted for again. You need to vote to keep out Labour and Lib Dems.

You may need to vote Tory to do that. Depends on your constituency.
But how can we Realist? If no-deal is off the table, so too is the cooperation between Tory/Brexit Party tactical voting. Nigel stipulated quite strongly that cooperation is subject to us leaving without a deal.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 08:15 PM

Hi

We must leave, anything else is a travesty.
Strong words but I no longer believe your sentiment.
You are playing your game in your way, trying to strum the strings of Leavers whilst at the same time recommending we cede to the EU and run with fake deals that don't see us leave at all.

I think no deal is absolutely stupid. It will be a nightmare.
No it won't. The entire notion of "No Deal" is a total fallacy and a political sleight of hand. There is ALWAYS GOING TO BE A DEAL. Absolutely unquestionably. Both sides need a deal and both sides WILL establish a deal. Anybody who suggests that there will not be any deal at all is both a liar and a villain.

Our choices are simply DEAL BEFORE we leave or DEAL AFTER we leave.

Either way there is always going to be a deal.

Looking at the joke and travesty of a deal that has been so far offered to us by the EU, surely even a gibbering idiot can see plainly that our best route to getting a GOOD DEAL is to FIRST LEAVE and then negotiate. It is our strongest position to take.

Our traitorous politicians are now obstructing that best route because it means we DO actually leave, no other reason. They are still acting to stop BrExit completely.

They are in effect ensuring that we are forced to take a cripplingly weak negotiating position and to subsequently take a disastrous fake deal that most assuredly will mean we Remain in the EU to all intents and purposes.

It has to be stopped.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
But how can we Realist? If no-deal is off the table, so too is the cooperation between Tory/Brexit Party tactical voting.
Corrupt MPs have collectively VOTED through a bill to stop No Deal. If they can do that then they can later vote to change that. They can repeal that Bill if they so choose.

Of course right now they wouldn't, they just voted it in after all. But run a General Election, and see put in place a government of Leavers who understand the power of negotiation we have by leaving, and things are different.

So we must vote in, both the Tories and BP to create that combined majority committed to leaving on the best possible terms. Then these stupid Bills can be sorted out.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:32 PM

Let's hope the supreme court overturns the Benn Bill
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Never say Never Again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Corrupt MPs have collectively VOTED through a bill to stop No Deal. If they can do that then they can later vote to change that. They can repeal that Bill if they so choose.
That's where your misunderstanding lies. If the EU grants an extension, the leaving date is set in international law. The UK cannot unilateraly change that. Moreover, article 50 does not provide for an option to bring the date forward.
You then have two choices: ratify the withdrawal deal, or wait till januari 31.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top