Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:58 PM

Re: Boris says No

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Hmm. I think the two are very different. Froggage actually wants a chaotic no-deal and WTO terms as an end state. He wants us to leave the EU, go onto WTO terms, have the chaos including a food and medicine shortage and then rely on his great hero mate Donald Trump to come and save the day.

In the run up to the 2016 referendum his message was all about the 500 million foreign EU migrants who could just walk into the UK under the EU freedom of movement rules. (total lie but still not properly exposed). Now it seems he doesn't even want a border between UK and EU in Ireland. His policy is just pure populism but his aims are far more sinister that Boris the clown.

Of course he would be happy as PM but he knows he cannot with stand the scrutiny this would entail. Downing street is correct that he should not be let anywhere near to power and its unusual for me to agree with any Tories let alone this super right wing lot.
Well they did in WW2...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well they did in WW2...
I suppose only those who were present in this war have a right to comment on the circumstances? E.g. would you have the same courage as those men and women who fought on the shores of bretagne?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I suppose only those who were present in this war have a right to comment on the circumstances? E.g. would you have the same courage as those men and women who fought on the shores of bretagne?
The Dutch government and royal family fled to London on the advent of WWII, following the country's early surrender from the conflict.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The Dutch government and royal family fled to London on the advent of WWII, following the country's early surrender from the conflict.
Yes, and on to safe canada. Very few here call it for what it was. Cowardly.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:22 AM

I like Nigel's approach.

But!

I wonder where he'll get all of his candidates from?

Any who can walk, and wave their arms about, are MEPs now. Are there any "skilled" ones left to put up as serious MP applicants?

Or does he plan to bring all those MEPs back and make them MPs?

Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I like Nigel's approach.

But!

I wonder where he'll get all of his candidates from?

Any who can walk, and wave their arms about, are MEPs now. Are there any "skilled" ones left to put up as serious MP applicants?

Or does he plan to bring all those MEPs back and make them MPs?

Maybe pick from the millions of people who live in the real world, and perhaps have a smidgen of common sense?

Because our current MPs are doing such a great job, stuck in their bubble. Not!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Maybe pick from the millions of people who live in the real world, and perhaps have a smidgen of common sense?

Because our current MPs are doing such a great job, stuck in their bubble. Not!!
Quite right !

Look where we have ended up with career politicians. Even more worrying is the Labour front bench of career politicians don't actually have any government experience.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No they don't! Whatever happened to free speech? Isn't that what WW2 was all about Solasch....?
And would I have had the same courage as those brave men and women who fought on the shores of Bretagne?

I sometimes feel like I would when I hear all the sh$te that the remainers spew out.....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Quite right !

Look where we have ended up with career politicians. Even more worrying is the Labour front bench of career politicians don't actually have any government experience.
They are a bunch of 'activists' and never politicians.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-09-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Whatever happened to free speech? Isn't that what WW2 was all about Solasch....?
If that is what you think, you have some catching up in your reading to do.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top