Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Re: I'd like your thoughts please.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mups I have had a bad experience with this site. I left a negative review on trustpilot because I see it all as a scam. Basically the reviews you see are generally all great. That's because once you use a trader you cannot give them a bad review. If you are not happy with their work you are invited to contact them to voice your concerns. So you cannot just leave a bad review and most people aren't going to contact the trader to say they are not happy. All these site are the same. I go through yellow pages now as I've had the most reliable workmen from there. It's very difficult to find trustworthy reviews online.

Thank you for that, Annie. That's worth knowing.
Crafty buggers aren't they.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Age Concern or Help The Aged can recommend local trades people.

Aah yes, Art. Thankyou very much. I had completely forgotten about that.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Hi

I would either find a “TRUSTMARK, Government Endorsed Quality” supplier
https://trustmark.org.uk/find-a-tradesman
or one from “Which Trusted Traders”
https://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They both sound incompetent. What about asking the roofer for meds and getting the doctor to do your roof?
From the sounds of it, that's what was already going on .

You handled the physician well. By contacting the pharmacy, you have it documented. Bringing it up to your doctor on your next visit is a must. (He needs to have the roofing dust shaken off his complacent brain ).

I would move on. He's been caught looking foolish. You won't see him again. I wouldn't hesitate to put a review on social media.

Glad you are ok!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
From the sounds of it, that's what was already going on .

You handled the physician well. By contacting the pharmacy, you have it documented. Bringing it up to your doctor on your next visit is a must. !
Contacting the pharmacy won't be documented. But putting a review on social media at least warns others. There is no point in complaining to a practice that plainly doesn't care. There is a formal complaints procedure, but how good that is these days of Tory NHS annihilation is questionable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-09-2019, 11:41 PM

Thanks once again for your thoughts and contributions, ladies.

I have not discarded the idea of taking it further, but it is not at the front of my mind either.
In a way I can see what the pharmacist said, and that is my allegy to that particular medication is not a serious or life threatening one, one that would have put my life in danger. If that had been the case I would have most certainly have kicked up a dust straight away and reported him.

It even crossed my mind whether he had done it deliberately because he knew I had written a formal complaint about him back at the beginning of the year! I don't want it to look like I have a personal grudge if I complain about the same man again, but I can bide my time.

Yes, I know he should have looked at my records before prescribing but I have that to use any time should he ever drop any more clangers.
I have made notes of the time, date, meds and who it was, plus the surgery's reaction to my returning it. It will not be forgotten, and I will not see that doctor again, and will have no hesitation to say why.

I will see what their attitude is when I return next Monday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks once again for your thoughts and contributions, ladies.

I have not discarded the idea of taking it further, but it is not at the front of my mind either.
In a way I can see what the pharmacist said, and that is my allegy to that particular medication is not a serious or life threatening one, one that would have put my life in danger. If that had been the case I would have most certainly have kicked up a dust straight away and reported him.

It even crossed my mind whether he had done it deliberately because he knew I had written a formal complaint about him back at the beginning of the year! I don't want it to look like I have a personal grudge if I complain about the same man again, but I can bide my time.

Yes, I know he should have looked at my records before prescribing but I have that to use any time should he ever drop any more clangers.
I have made notes of the time, date, meds and who it was, plus the surgery's reaction to my returning it. It will not be forgotten, and I will not see that doctor again, and will have no hesitation to say why.

I will see what their attitude is when I return next Monday.
Let us know how you get on Mups.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:10 PM

No 1 Take the matter up with the practice senior partner.

No 2 Change to a roofer that takes enough pride in his/her/their work to follow through with a confirmed start date. I use Checkatrade for house maintenance and found a very good all round general builder. One of his skills is resin reinforced glass fibre roofing and he provided a new extension with the GF roof and also rebuilt my workshop giving it a GF roof. The resin bonding of the glass fibre sheeting makes the whole roof covering seamless and completely water proof for at least 20yrs and according to the manufacturers up to 50, which for a flat roof is a very good life :thumbup:
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-09-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Let us know how you get on Mups.

I will.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-09-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
No 1 Take the matter up with the practice senior partner.

No 2 Change to a roofer that takes enough pride in his/her/their work to follow through with a confirmed start date. I use Checkatrade for house maintenance and found a very good all round general builder. One of his skills is resin reinforced glass fibre roofing and he provided a new extension with the GF roof and also rebuilt my workshop giving it a GF roof. The resin bonding of the glass fibre sheeting makes the whole roof covering seamless and completely water proof for at least 20yrs and according to the manufacturers up to 50, which for a flat roof is a very good life :thumbup:

Thank you for your thoughts too, LD.

I had a look at Checkatrade website this afternoon and found it interesting. It seems there are loads of roofers around, I am just worried as to how I know I would pick someone genuine.

Sadly, I have found many times over the years, that there are some traders who will take advantage of us women.

If this chap doesn't give me satisfactory answers on Tuesday, that'll definitely be it. He won't be getting a third chance.

I'll let you know what happens.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top