Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:54 AM

Christmas cards

Have you noticed as the years roll on you no longer get Christmas cards from people you knew well years ago.

It makes me wonder if they are still alive not have got one from them last year. Do you carry on sending a card to them.
Maybe they have moved and you didn't know?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:07 AM

Re: Christmas cards

Yes, that happens to me too. If I don't receive a Christmas card one year then I don't send the next, assuming they are no longer around or have moved.

Over recent years I've also noticed how many people are no longer sending cards in favour of online e-cards. Possibly very much less cost when postage is considered, far easier and usually a donation is made to a charity. These are also more environmentally friendly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, that happens to me too. If I don't receive a Christmas card one year then I don't send the next, assuming they are no longer around or have moved.

Over recent years I've also noticed how many people are no longer sending cards in favour of online e-cards. Possibly very much less cost when postage is considered, far easier and usually a donation is made to a charity. These are also more environmentally friendly.
I am not fond of ecards - they are so impersonal! I make all my own Christmas cards and choose designs to suit the recipients. Just in case people have moved I put return address stickers on the back of the envelopes.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am not fond of ecards - they are so impersonal! I make all my own Christmas cards and choose designs to suit the recipients. Just in case people have moved I put return address stickers on the back of the envelopes.
I agree tabby, eCards just don't seem the same. Might not be environmentally friendly but I love to have cards up in my house , the handmade ones that bit more special. Shall I send you my address
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree tabby, eCards just don't seem the same. Might not be environmentally friendly but I love to have cards up in my house , the handmade ones that bit more special. Shall I send you my address
I would love to make a special one for you - so - Yes, do.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:37 AM

E-cards are alright for internet friends who you've never met but you can't beat real cards from the people you know.

I love to see my shelves decked with Greetings cards. How can they be environmentally unfriendly?

We re-cycle them don't we?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
E-cards are alright for internet friends who you've never met but you can't beat real cards from the people you know.

I love to see my shelves decked with Greetings cards. How can they be environmentally unfriendly?

We re-cycle them don't we?
Always.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:33 AM

They aren’t the same. They are for the cheap and lazy sods.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:35 AM

, the handmade ones that bit more special. Shall I send you my address
Smooth Lion Queen. Smooth.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:52 AM

We send cards to those who have stopped sending them to us. Only for a couple of years though. After that, we assume they have moved or died.

We don't send eCards but I don't mind receiving them. The Jacquie Lawson animated ones are particularly good.

https://www.jacquielawson.com/

Mrs mart used to hand-make cards only for close friends and family but now she makes them for everyone. I design and print the inserts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top