Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:08 PM

Re: Students indoctrinated with Anti-Brexit ideas?

Originally Posted by Froggie ->
Bread - you said 'In most EU countries outside of the UK around 60% can't get a job'.

Now I think that what you said is pretty clear...you trying to backtrack now?

Come on....say you were wrong...just this once...pretty please...

I also said regions

Keep up
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:34 PM

Aw Solasch… do you lead me to believe that Bread has done this sort of thing before?

Only to people that don't read my posts properly

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:46 PM

***** Please note : Childish bickering and off topic posts have been removed.

Ignoring a Moderator’s note may result in a suspension.

Thank you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Now, now, Bread...keep this civil please. I'm guessing that admitting you are wrong does not come easily to you? It's still not an excuse to use what I assume you think is an insult towards Solasch though. How about us just dealing with the mistake you made in saying that 'In most EU countries outside of the UK around 60% can't get a job' Now that is just not true.
In fact NOT ONE EU country has a youth unemployment figure of 60%.
Where did you get your information from to come to that conclusion? Maybe that would be a start to try to understand your confusion on the matter.

Like I said, read my posts.

There are parts of greece where I'm sure youth unemployment is higher than 60% even after 10 years of QE.

Frightening really since all the 27 are being out performed by the UK who voted to leave 3 years ago
Froggie
New Member!
FR
Froggie is male 

17-09-2019, 09:59 PM

I have read your post Bread and I have quoted it back to you several times. You said 'In most EU countries outside of the UK around 60% can't get a job'.
You did not qualify that statement with anything regarding regions, or 'parts of Greece'.. So it is not correct. It is very, very factually incorrect.
You seem to keep wanting to move the goalposts after the goal has been scored.
Go on...just say you were wrong....I won't fall out with you over it...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-09-2019, 10:09 PM

I have read your post Bread and I have quoted it back to you several times. You said 'In most EU countries outside of the UK around 60% can't get a job'.
You did not qualify that statement with anything regarding regions, or 'parts of Greece'.. So it is not correct. It is very, very factually incorrect.

I also said I was referring to regions.

Read my posts
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:36 PM

On a regional scale the UK does not better than west and middle europe. See figure.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unemployment_rate,_2018.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	10696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Regions_with_lowest_and_highest_unemployment_rates_in_2018,_%.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	10697  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:52 PM

***There is altogether too much personal bickering and name calling going on. If you can't post and stick to the subject don't post at all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 02:19 AM

Just going back to the thread topic. Teachers have always been politically biased and opinionated. I have friends and family and extended family of friends who are teachers. They all hold strong beliefs both left and right wing. No doubt different views will come out in a classroom.

If you study economics or finance then leaving a trading block after nearly fifty years is a bad idea and I don't see why teachers should lie about that. I don't think most people here voted for brexit on the basis of economic growth or efficiency of transactions. Politically leaving an economic block whilst cheesing off allies is not a great idea. Looking back at history a disunited Europe has always ended up in conflict. So it's not surprising with all the different factors that teachers don't see brexit as something positive. Capitalism is dying as we type. So what will replace it and how will brexit help us if we have a whole new world order? I guess teachers are trying to stimulate thinking on the topic and if kids are writing in to papers then their approach is clearly working.

As far as jobs go young people don't have much in the way of prospects because automation is the real threat to their future. People assume the world stands still but it's like a runaway train right now. Sometimes I'm wondering how long we will have the internet. While we focus on brexit the world is doing somersaults and it's nothing to do with our little universe.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 07:34 AM

Hi

Do not underestimate our youngsters, they are not that stupid and are a feisty bunch.

When I was at school disagreeing with a Teacher was an absolute No No.

It is very different now.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top