Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 12:57 AM

Re: Do You Ever Miss ‘How it Used To Be’?

I miss the the neighbourhoods where everyone knew each other and looked out for each other. A time when you could leave your doors unlocked and money owed to the milkman or coalman left on the doorstep without it being nicked.

All gone, sadly.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:11 AM

Yep Judd, all gone, no Milkmen or Coalmen anymore, even Cash is on its way out.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:17 AM

And all your neighbour's were your aunties
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:19 AM

And all your Uncles were Bob.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-09-2019, 06:21 AM

Things could not be the same, for better or for worse, the axis has shifted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And all your Uncles were Bob.
Haha! You're on form this morning
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:42 AM

No i dont miss anything from the past really . Life was very hard work doing 2 jobs for years and the tiredness and stress . Ive been retired 5 years and life is my own now .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I miss the the neighbourhoods where everyone knew each other and looked out for each other. A time when you could leave your doors unlocked and money owed to the milkman or coalman left on the doorstep without it being nicked.

All gone, sadly.
Not entirely, Judd. Our street is a bit like that - people care about and help each other. Neighbours offer lifts to town or to the shops and - when 'thing' was around - did some of my shopping for me. There is always someone willing to help with DIY stuff or gardening. I have keys to at least three houses and couple of people have keys to mine. It is a good community.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep Judd, all gone, no Milkmen or Coalmen anymore, even Cash is on its way out.
I still have a milkman, Spitty.

He was saying that his round has increased since people became more aware of the evils of plastic.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not entirely, Judd. Our street is a bit like that - people care about and help each other. Neighbours offer lifts to town or to the shops and - when 'thing' was around - did some of my shopping for me. There is always someone willing to help with DIY stuff or gardening. I have keys to at least three houses and couple of people have keys to mine. It is a good community.
Same here. We have milk delivered too, in real old fashioned milk bottles. We've done a full circle.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top