Join for free
Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: LibDems want to revoke Article 50.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Macron and his mate are not the EU.

They are in no position at all to issue such a deadline.

It has no legal force whatsoever.
And today the UK obediently send their proposals.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 12:04 PM

I came across this very interesting article:

https://writergoesroaming.wordpress....brCijhNJjV8AWQ

which explains why I respect and prefer Germany to the Frogs who I have never liked or trusted.
Read it and you will see why I suspect that after we leave there is a distinct possibility, strange as it may sound, that Germany might be the next to follow us out!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 01:07 PM

Wow, that article is certainly telling them!

Unfortunately for the French people, their Government has always been portrayed as being arrogant, entitled, selfish, self-serving and greedy, by many in this country, always punching above their weight. I believe they call it Powermad!

I dread to think what the outcome would be should Germany ever decide to leave the EU. With France no doubt taking the reins, the EU would soon be running around like headless chickens before finally imploding.

Scary thought!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Wow, that article is certainly telling them!

Unfortunately for the French people, their Government has always been portrayed as being arrogant, entitled, selfish, self-serving and greedy, by many in this country, always punching above their weight. I believe they call it Powermad!

I dread to think what the outcome would be should Germany ever decide to leave the EU. With France no doubt taking the reins, the EU would soon be running around like headless chickens before finally imploding.

Scary thought!
If Germany (as well as us) left the EU, it would immediately collapse.

The Frogs are too lazy to stand as a major economy on their own; they have always benefited greatly from our and the Germans' contributions.

In addition to standing up for themselves, they'd also find themselves being called upon to support all the weaker nations of the EU and they would not, could not, do that.

So, yes, the EU would certainly collapse and Micron's hopes of becoming the Emperor of Europe would fall into the gutter.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I came across this very interesting article:

https://writergoesroaming.wordpress....brCijhNJjV8AWQ

which explains why I respect and prefer Germany to the Frogs who I have never liked or trusted.
Read it and you will see why I suspect that after we leave there is a distinct possibility, strange as it may sound, that Germany might be the next to follow us out!
An excellent article and states some facts about France that I've known for a long time. That they think the world should revolve around them and everyone should dance to their tune especially their arrogant tin-pot politicians. Did you know for example that WWII went on longer than it should because of the actions of General De Gaulle? When strategies were being discussed between Churchill and Roosevelt for example, he insisted on being present so that his `Free French Army` could take part in any assaults. On two separate occasions, landing zones were chosen and that idiot De Gaulle sent out his orderlies to buy maps of the area. Needless to say, enemy spies found out and the enemy was waiting for them, one of the campaigns having disastrous results with many allied casualties. It got so that De Gaulle was banned from further discussions.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 02:40 PM

I never knew that Judd! unbelievable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An excellent article and states some facts about France that I've known for a long time. That they think the world should revolve around them and everyone should dance to their tune especially their arrogant tin-pot politicians. Did you know for example that WWII went on longer than it should because of the actions of General De Gaulle? When strategies were being discussed between Churchill and Roosevelt for example, he insisted on being present so that his `Free French Army` could take part in any assaults. On two separate occasions, landing zones were chosen and that idiot De Gaulle sent out his orderlies to buy maps of the area. Needless to say, enemy spies found out and the enemy was waiting for them, one of the campaigns having disastrous results with many allied casualties. It got so that De Gaulle was banned from further discussions.
Very interesting, but not surprising. As I understand it, de Gaulle was always self-important and, of course, as we all know he prevented our entry into the Common Market for a number of years. And some regarded him as our friend!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And some regarded him as our friend!
He absolutely wasn't. He regarded the english as the lap-dog of the americans. Whatever could have given him that false impression?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	un-assembly-trump-johnson.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	10712  
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He absolutely wasn't. He regatded the english as the lap-dog of the americans. Whatever could have given him that false impression?
Hilarious.

Where is the Netherlands in the G20 ?

Oh yeah ... nowhere
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Hilarious.

Where is the Netherlands in the G20 ?

Oh yeah ... nowhere
Hi

It is GDP per Capita which counts, not total GDP.

The higher the GDP per capita, the higher the standard of living.

We are well behind the Netherlands on that.

http://statisticstimes.com/economy/e...per-capita.php

It is all about quality of life.

Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top