Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Oh Carol....nooooo,...ok then..I used to get the jab every year until I found out the vaccine They were using for the over 65s was less than useless in preventing flu..so..I stopped getting it..I've only ever had the flu once and that was 50 yrs ago..I'm in good health and don't put any prescription med's /drugs into My body..so it was the right decision..for Me.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:02 PM

I'm 81 years old and don't recall ever having had the flu. I have never had the flu jab as my immune system seems to be coping.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Ive never had the flu jab in my life and most certainly never will .Its a personal decision for me. Im 54 and been invited to have the flu jab for a couple of years now,I really should tell them to stop wasting paper on me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
This is why antibiotics aren't as effective as they once were
Many doctors used to prescribe antibiotics for flu viruses thinking that they’d help but they do nothing for viruses. The only thing antibiotics do is kill off certain unwanted bacteria but in doing so they kill off healthy bacteria also which destroys the immune system. People definitely can become immune to them if over prescribed.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:24 PM

Ive never in the past taken the flu jab, even though as a carer Im supposed to

I had flu 3 winters ago, I was very very ill so I thought that perhaps I should take it but so far Ive not had a cold or sniffle since so I don't want to tempt fate
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'd be really interested to know how many of our members do not have the flu jab.
You know my stance already.

Can I take it you've now managed to read through a couple of the past Flu threads here where all the damning evidence has been presented?

A better approach to your question might have been to set up a poll so you can see the specific number of people for/against
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:52 PM

I have in the past but won't be again. I m taking as good care of my body as I can and watch the food I put into my body to help my immune system to fight any viruses naturally.

A friend of mine had the flu jab last year and unfortunately died of the flu. Also my dad got really poorly last year after having the vaccine.

Hope you are ok carol xxd
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:28 PM

I have never had the jab either.

My doc's have offered it many times, even texting me to offer it now.

They pester more than British Gas about their darn smart meters!

In their waiting room, I notice they even have bunting up advertising it now.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:17 PM

I do have the flu jab every year.

I have never had any sort of reaction to it.

Catching flu could be the death of me, so I'm having everything I can get.

I also had the one-off pneumonia vaccine, too.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Hello Carol. I have had the flu jab every year for many years and never had a problem.. Man flu? Yes a couple of times but there is no treatment for that.
Oh, I dunno. Traipsing through Home Bargains yesterday, I noticed a small package among the various cold `remedies` which had Man Flu written on it. Looks like it's getting recognised as a valid illness.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top