Join for free
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

For all those who think differently than Realist about the flu jab, I would suggest that you totally ignore his posts on that topic, because the Cochrane Org are not posting their blogs for the good of our health, so they must be making money out of it!

Realist has no qualifications in this field, so only knows what they print in their website. If I could be bothered, I would find another authority that have completely different ideas to Cochrane, but I have established by my own research that the flu jab is my best option & I assume everyone else will do the same! I feel it is best for the forum to stop this constant arguing about it because the same things are posted every year.... and it is getting boring.

If any of you are worried about it, try asking somebody who knows what they are talking about, rather than what you, or anyone else finds on the internet!

All vaccinations do is stimulate your immune system to produce anti-toxins, so they are ready and waiting for the virus to arrive. In many cases it won't arrive... but I believe it is better to be safe than sorry!

Bye bye to future flu threads!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Moving on . . . .

Evidence here that Flu vaccine effectiveness is reduced for those who routinely get vaccinated. It's from 2015 but still relevant.

Repeated flu shots may blunt effectiveness

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387051/

"Universal influenza immunization programs, available in virtually every province and territory, may need to be reconsidered in light of emerging evidence that repeated flu shots may blunt the vaccine’s effectiveness in subsequent seasons."

"The BC network’s estimates of this year’s flu vaccine efficacy, published in Eurosurveillance, were −8% overall and 2% in young adults against medically attended, laboratory-confirmed influenza A (H3N2) infection — which Skowronski said she interprets as a null effect. This also represents the lowest measured protection against a seasonal virus in the program’s 10-year history, she added."

"It recently became known that this year’s H3N2 virus was not a match for the H3N2 component of this year’s trivalent vaccine, but the authors of this new study also saw variability in vaccine effectiveness that was related to prior vaccination history"

" Universal influenza immunization programs, available in virtually every province and territory, may need to be reconsidered in light of emerging evidence that repeated flu shots may blunt the vaccine’s effectiveness in subsequent seasons.

That phenomenon was seen in the Jan. 29, 2015 interim estimates of the effectiveness of the 2014/15 vaccine against influenza A (H3N2) from Canada’s Sentinel Physician Surveillance Network, headed by Dr. Danuta Skowronski of the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control."

Interesting stuff !
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is hugely childish.

It is not MY credentials in question here. I am merely highlighting the facts presented by medical research and studies. You are in error to attempt to cite me as their author.

The links to the studies are all given in other Flu threads

If you want to argue that the Cochrane Institute is without qualification then go ahead. You will make yourself look a complete tool though. They employ 1000s of very highly qualified medical staff and they set the global standards for how medical testing is done. Cochrane is the medical benchmark of independent testing which highlights the bias in other less independent testing.

But this is pointless as if you can't decipher a message from the messenger nor understand who the message is from then this is all beyond you.
And it’s excessively arrogant and irresponsible to suggest these senior members need YOUR bias input. They can do their OWN research which I suggest everyone do if they are unsure.
I’m NOT in error as I’m not citing you nor do I care to debate or argue about this topic with you.

Don’t think for a moment that I actually care what you think of me because I don’t and you can twist this around into any shape you like. The end result is that you are dishing out medical advice with NO QUALIFICATIONS!

If you are taking this info off the internet ( which we already knew) then why not just add the links instead of pretending to be superior to the rest of us. It’s so predictable and so unwanted but you don’t seem to care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:29 PM

***** This thread is now locked.

Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top