Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Matt Hancock - ever eager to be seen by the media, delivering his promise to raise wages for the lowest paid. Very noble, but looking at him and listening to his voice dripping with false sincerity, actually made me shudder. It was like watching Tony Blair all over again. Lies, lies, and more lies.

It’s the same with all the candidates. They are all promising pie-in-the-sky pledges in order to gain the main prize of being the next Prime Minister, but there isn’t one single main candidate that can be trusted anymore.

Look at Jeremy Hunt. A Remainer turned Brexiteer - with his suggestion that we may yet have to compromise and extend the transition period even further!
Haven’t we just been there ?

Boris. Keeping his head down and his mouth firmly closed for fear of putting his foot in it as usual. When he does manage to put something out to the media, nothing about doing what is right for the North of England, but hey, elect me and it’s tax cuts all round for the top earners!!!!
All mouth and no trousers.
Regarding Brexit, The EU will easily manipulate him, He’s no trained negotiator, regardless of his “follow me fellow Brexiteers” attitude.

Dominic Raab -Another idiot! His big talk about prorogue of Parliament if a no-deal is voted out is just another pie-in-the-sky pledge that he knows will come to nothing as this would never be allowed to happen in a million years.

Rory Stewart - has vowed that if he becomes Prime Minister, he will immediately bring in “National Citizen Service”. Where youngsters aged 16 from all walks of life will have to spend two weeks together in an educational outdoor environment.
The man is in lala land! We have our services collapsing, foodbanks, elderly and vulnerable being starved of funds, our NHS and schools creaking at the seams, a huge chunk of taxes in overseas aid, and this idiot comes up with something like this? The young will just love him!.

Michael Gove - The chinless drug-taking, thrice backstabbing wannabe. The less said the better.

I really despair!. And this is the pick of the crop to take us out of the EU by 31.10.19?

What are your opinions on the above?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:24 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Uninspiring, lot I agree.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:27 PM

A new tory PM will be quite irrelavent to our current problems
in uk as whatever they do they will be hamstrung by the
combined opposition in parliament who will block everything
they propose!
What we need is a complete change in the HOC! We can
only hope that the Brexit party can continue its present good
progress in gaining popularity!

Regards Donkeyman!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:32 PM

Sajid Javid has been gaining support.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:38 PM

Hi

I feel sorry for whoever it is.

May knows we are leaving, but, vindictively has stopped all preparations for doing so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 02:46 PM

I really wish we could change the voting system to proportional representation. It would invigorate politics in this country, and make voting really mean something. The first past the post system we have with only the two main parties - Tory and Labour always being outright winners, is so antiquated and unfair, it's ridiculous.

If proportional representation is good enough for over 80 other countries to use, it's time something was done about it here.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
A new tory PM will be quite irrelavent to our current problems
in uk as whatever they do they will be hamstrung by the
combined opposition in parliament who will block everything
they propose!
What we need is a complete change in the HOC! We can
only hope that the Brexit party can continue its present good
progress in gaining popularity!

Regards Donkeyman!
Still a chance of a GE, having someone in charge who we have not voted for did not work for Mrs May. How long can they limp on?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-06-2019, 03:12 PM

Agree Cinderella. My MP is Owen Patterson, a true believer in Brexit, but the thought of voting for him as a means of voting for the whole Tory Party being able to take office, turns my stomach. I believe in him personally, he does a lot of good locally, but my vote would still be going elsewhere as I do not wish to assist a useless party remain in government.

Proportional Representation would change all of that.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I really wish we could change the voting system to proportional representation. It would invigorate politics in this country, and make voting really mean something. The first past the post system we have with only the two main parties - Tory and Labour always being outright winners, is so antiquated and unfair, it's ridiculous.

If proportional representation is good enough for over 80 other countries to use, it's time something was done about it here.
PR is the reason the conservatives have got any MEP's. FPTP would have left them with none.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 03:22 PM

I would never have a vote but it strikes me the least bad of a not very good crop is Rory Stewart. He seems honester that the others with more of a functioning brain. Of the others, Johnson is more dishonest than many convicted criminals and generally incompetent; Raaaab just doers not scream leadership material and, with his admission that he was unaware of the Straits oif Diover and their importance makes one wonder what else he is unaware of; Javid is a political shapeshifter, a living case of these are my principles, if you don't like them I have others, he seems to have one driving vision, himself in power; 'H'unt I would not trust further than I could chuck him; and as for Gove - vote Gove get Vine comes to mind plus, as with Mogg, Gove's studied politeness and good manners disguise a very different person within.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top